2021 Winter Display – PA Trolley

Home Forums LUG discussions 2021 Winter Display – PA Trolley

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Figured I should get around to posting this! We have once again been invited to display at this years “Santa Trolley” event which will take place on four weekends this year:

November 26-28 & December 4-5, 11-12 & 18-19.

Setup will take place the weekend prior, November 20 & 21. As with last year I will be available both days, so if there is anyone that cannot make it one day, they can come the next. I will also be available Wednesday November 25th afternoon/evening for any last minute building like a few of us have done in the past

The theme is LEGO Winter Wonderland, but we cannot forget that we are working with LEGO here and in LEGO world EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!! So, as I’ve said before, I am not opposed to people bringing MOCs or things outside of the standard “town/city” theme. Also, as we have in previous years, we can plan on transferring many displays from Greenberg to the museum for this display.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Throwing out this idea … would it work if I were to bring winter buildings when I come to pickup things from pumpkin trolley? … or convert the Hartwood mansion back to all snow and leave it at the museum?

Laura
    Participant

@greg Let me talk to the staff to see if we have somewhere safe we can store it.

Tim

I usually take whatever I display at Cranberry First Stop and just move it down the following day to Santa Trolley. That would work this year also as First Stop is Friday evening, November 19. I’ll probably display Hogwart’s Great Hall (which I will be doing for First Stop) and maybe some Diagon Alley (@rcgrier3406 would you be up for a Diagon Alley collaborative display this year?).

Bob Grier
    Participant

Sure @timf! We can talk about “what” at Pumpkin Trolley tear down.

Tim

Bob and I discussed presenting a Christmas themed Diagon Alley and I will also include the Great Hall. Probably need 3-4 LUG tables for all of that.

Krista K

I have a Santa’s Visit and sleigh that I’m taking to Cranberry that I could also send.

Laura
    Participant

So I was holding out to know for sure but it seems official now that we won’t be able to set up the weekend of November 20 & 21 because of previously scheduled groups at the museum (an oversight on my part, I forgot to tell the staff to black out those dates) as I told everyone this at pumpkin clean up. Because of this, we are instead left with no choice but to do set up on Wednesday, November 25th. I am off school that day and therefore can be there all day to let people in and help set up. I have updated the doodle to reflect these changes.

Tim

I’ve signed up for set up, tear down, and the morning shift on December 4. I may be able to do one or two other shifts depending.

As always, Winter Trolley has a lot of shifts to cover. I highly encourage everyone to take a shift, especially if you are relatively new to the LUG. This is an easy event to staff and the guests are always super friendly and love our displays each year.

I also realized that the Q4 meeting on December 11 directly overlaps with Winter Trolley that day. So anyone working Trolley will miss the Q4 meeting, unless we can come up with a way to combine them.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

So anyone working Trolley will miss the Q4 meeting, unless we can come up with a way to combine them.

I can do a zoom link and staffers can join virtually.

Laura
    Participant

I also realized that the Q4 meeting on December 11 directly overlaps with Winter Trolley that day. So anyone working Trolley will miss the Q4 meeting, unless we can come up with a way to combine them.

I may be able to get someone from the museum to cover the display for that day, if that is acceptable to the LUG. If I can find someone I will let you know.

Tim

I may be able to get someone from the museum to cover the display for that day, if that is acceptable to the LUG.

I have no problem with that.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Is there any chance of having anything flying over a trolley display? My aunt just gave me her assembled brown Sopwith Camel and it’s red rival … although I don’t know what scale these planes are.

Tim

assembled brown Sopwith Camel and it’s red rival … although I don’t know what scale these planes are.

Those are larger than minifig scale but would still look awesome above any display. I think they would need to hang from the ceiling itself (I believe it is a drop ceiling so they would need to be attached to the cross beams or whatever they are called). @laura would we be allowed to do that?

Those are nice sets. I got the Sopwith Camel when it came out but never bought the Red Baron. Maybe we should try to build a brick-built Snoopy to go in it.

Josh
    Keymaster

I am out of town from the 21st to the 28th. I can drop the snow covered mils and whatever else you tell me this friday, if that works. let me know!

Laura
    Participant

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been working on the plan for this among other things, including, SURPRISE! New Sneeze guards., and a carrying case for them. (Photos Attached) I’ve also included a image of the layout plan. Let me know if there’s anything else we need!

@timf
    That would probably be fine, we’ve hung things from the ceiling before.

@joshhall
    Friday works for me, I assume you’re planning to drop it off during the day? If so, one of the staff members will be there, I cannot get there til 3:30. As for what to bring the snow Mils plates would be great and, if possible, the Christmas trees and white brick bin for covering the display. Thank you again for all you do!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Laura
    Participant

Double Post, but here’s the layout (if it posts) 😛

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Laura.
    Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

woah! looks great! SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

I will need to drop stuff off tomorrow during the day. I’ve got a few crates of things to go.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Quick reminder that I need to have the table with the hole cut in it for my fire pit.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

New Sneeze guards., and a carrying case for them.

This is siiiiiiiiick

Skipper Mike
    Participant

As I am just realizing that setup is Wednesday, I’ll probably need to send my stuff with someone.

Bob Grier
    Participant

I have the following LUG items from Cranberry First Stop in my car that I’ll be bringing to Winter Trolley on Wednesday:

* The “big thing” of hand sanitizer,
    * The 2nd LUG Banner (Tim had it @joshhall),
    * A bunch of LUG “Look Don’t Touch” signs,
    * Josh’s black table cloth, so no table will be “unnecessarily exposed”,
    * The bin of Snow Trees. We ran out of set-up time and didn’t use any of these at Cranberry, so Josh’s “96 BABIES” should all be in there!,
    * Couple of boxes of LUG Business Cards,
    * Shoe box size bin of 1×1 white plates (for snow),
    * Bag of 2×2 white plates (more snow),
    * Bag of 4×4 round white plates (??).

Bob Grier
    Participant

@skippermike, I can take your stuff. I’ll PM you with my address and contact info so we can arrange a drop off or pick-up.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

My LEGO Christmas tree was left at the museum after Pumpkin Trolley, but I don’t think my MOC’s will be filling out the area currently designated as “snow park and carnival.” Bob has some room in his truck to bring some things for me, but he does not have enough room to take a bunch of North Pole buildings.

Also, the average person most enjoys seeing LEGO projects that are made to resemble something they recognize. So, I wonder if it would be better for Bob to take the yellow Eiffel tower or King Friday’s castle for this section. How much acreage in the snow park is currently unaccounted for?

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

… or the CARVANA tower

Attachments:
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar