$500 for LUG – Youngstown Library Lego Event

Home Forums LUG discussions $500 for LUG – Youngstown Library Lego Event

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hey guys, long time no see! I should be able to make the first half of the event next weekend. If someone would be able to bring my LUGBULK, I would greatly appreciate it.

Rad!

I have @dacvak, @timf, and… um… maybe someone else’s LUGBulk. Will transport to Youngstown for $20 each.

Dac
    Participant

I have @dacvak, @timf, and… um… maybe someone else’s LUGBulk. Will transport to Youngstown for $20 each.

Sounds good.

As for bringing stuff, do you guys have any sort of theme going on? I could bring some modular buildings, or an EV3 set or something.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

K, really late to the party, but it looks like I’ll be coming up with Aaron.
    Sorry I’m late for signing up, but at first I didn’t think I would be able to make it, as my parents will be out of town.

Josh
    Keymaster

Party at Micah’s afterward!

Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:15 PM
    To: josh@sixf00t4.com
    Subject: New reply in topic $500 for LUG – Youngstown Library Lego Event

Micah Beideman wrote:

K, really late to the party, but it looks like I’ll be coming up with Aaron.

Sorry I’m late for signing up, but at first I didn’t think I would be able to make it, as my parents will be out of town.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Party at Micah’s afterward!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

David H Donley
    Participant

I’ll bring the Zima!

Nick Chen
    Participant

What should Lisa and I bring? I am going to bring my RC Motorized Lego ATAT. Is anyone bringing track? Lisa is thinking of bringing her Holiday Train.

Should I bring any of my UCS sets? Slave 1, X-Wing, Bwing?

Are we doing a town layout? Do we need the Carousel and Ferris Wheel?

Tim

We’re just doing a variety layout. Nothing cohesive; just showing off different stuff that can be built from Lego. The motorized ATAT sounds great as well as the Carousel and Ferris Wheel (we don’t have lots of motorized stuff other than trains and monorail).

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

So many questions!

@iamrjthompson
    can confirm, but I think the idea is we have as much space (and tables) as we want to display, so anything could be fair game. That said, I’d still lean toward MOCs and not stock sets (you know how we do). The stuff you’ve modded (SW carousel, motorized AT-AT) is fine, but maybe not the standard stuff. Unless you just wanna show off how many UCS Star Wars sets you have. 😉 Just my humble opinion.

As for a town layout, that would fit into “we’re not planning much out in advance for this one, but whatever people want to bring is cool”. @timf said he’s bringing some microscale Burgh buildings, but not necessarily his town stuff… don’t think most of our other Townies are coming to this event…

So yeah. We still have 48 hours to discuss things, if people want to decide on some kind of Town layout… otherwise, I just figured on standalone MOCs. It’s all good at an event like this.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

at first I didn’t think I would be able to make it, as my parents will be out of town.

… and I won’t be able to make it because my parents are IN town. 😛

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

@randomdan and I are planning to leave from my house at 6:30 AM with a carload of LUG stuff (i.e. no room for other people, sadly…) Does everyone else have their ride/carpool/load of MOCs figured out?

@zbauer
    is, if my understanding is correct, stopping at @JoshHall’s house tomorrow some time and picking up the racetrack, wheelbases for racecars, sign frame, business cards, and… hmm… what else can/should he take from Josh’s house?

My target is arrival at the library by 8AM, which allows an hour to load in, organize, and set up. RJ confirmed that they’ll have it open for us at 8 and that tables will already be set up for us.

As for staffing, we should have 8 people there all day, plus @dacvak in the morning and @timf in the afternoon. So I’d figure on something like this:

Station 1: Race Track (2 staffers, one to supervise building and one to run the track… maybe a third, as this one can get hectic)
    Can just run races as people have cars ready, with no structure or elimination process… or we could try to make it progressive (i.e. – best cars get to face off once per hour, or something…)

Station 2: Build Challenges (2 staffers, maybe 3.)
    Can perhaps alternate between Tallest Tower and Strongest Bridge, starting one each hour on the hour, or something.
    TT we usually give people 15 minutes, then make them move their baseplate+tower to a different table to prove it has some structural integrity, then measure. Figure 30-40 minutes total for explanation, building, moving, measuring.
    SB we usually give 15-20 minutes, then it takes a while to stack books and see when they break. This one could fill an hour easily.

Station 3: Free Build (1 staffer)
    Could be combined with the Build Challenges, and just let people free build in between TT & SB rounds. Or keep it separate. I dunno.

Station 4: MOC tables (1-2 staffers)

We should have enough help that 1 or 2 people can be floating (or “on break”) at all times. I still think we go to lunch in 2 or 3 smaller groups, probably, so as to keep at least 4 or 5 people on site at any given time.

We could also rotate between the racing and other build challenges if we need to slow things down or whatever. (Like maybe during the lunch runs, we shut down one area if we feel like the remaining staffers are spread too thin.) But I think RJ said there will be volunteers handy to help keep things under control, so we probably will be just fine throughout if that’s the case.

Nick Chen
    Participant

What time will we have access to the library? At 9AM or can we coordinate with them to set up early at like 8 or 8:30.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

What time will we have access to the library? At 9AM or can we coordinate with them to set up early at like 8 or 8:30.

See here:

My target is arrival at the library by 8AM, which allows an hour to load in, organize, and set up. RJ confirmed that they’ll have it open for us at 8 and that tables will already be set up for us.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Hello! So I know I’m SUPER late to this party, but I’d like to help out this weekend. I filled out the doodle and I can help out in the morning. I saw that there’s someone else who can only do the morning, so Dac can we carpool? I don’t really have anything with me here to display, figure I can just help out at a table, I’ll do whatever 😀

Hannah Dow
    Participant

@zbauer is, if my understanding is correct, stopping at @JoshHall‘s house tomorrow some time and picking up the racetrack, wheelbases for racecars, sign frame, business cards, and… hmm… what else can/should he take from Josh’s house?

@zbauer
    , mind grabbing my LUGBULK stuff from Josh? 🙂

Zach Bauer
    Participant

sure np

Dac
    Participant

Hello! So I know I’m SUPER late to this party, but I’d like to help out this weekend. I filled out the doodle and I can help out in the morning. I saw that there’s someone else who can only do the morning, so Dac can we carpool? I don’t really have anything with me here to display, figure I can just help out at a table, I’ll do whatever ?

Where do you live? I live in New Castle, about an hour north of Pittsburgh.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Dac, I’m in Moon but I’d totally drive up to you to cut a bit of my driving off.

Pete
    Participant

its game day lets have fun.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Dan and I are aboot to hit the rood… 😀

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Yinz’ll be an aar ‘n from the Browns’ LEGO store taday. Anyone goin’?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dac
    Participant

Dac, I’m in Moon but I’d totally drive up to you to cut a bit of my driving off.

I was planning on leaving my house pretty soon, but if you still want to drive to my place first we can do that. Text me if you want to: 724-674-five three five one

I’ll stick around a bit longer in case you’re coming here.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Dac.
    Hannah Dow
    Participant

Whenever you get here, use the front entrance to bring stuff in!

Dac
    Participant

Dammit… I’m at the wrong branch I think.

Pete
    Participant

They loved us and want to do more stuff with us.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar