Canfield Fair – Sat 9/3 (Labor Day Weekend)

Home Forums LUG discussions Canfield Fair – Sat 9/3 (Labor Day Weekend)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

As mentioned at the Q2 meeting Saturday, we’ve been invited to the Canfield Fair. I met Susie Kaufman at the Youngstown Library event last October. She was very excited about the prospect of us bringing our race track and car building materials to the fair to the Boy Scouts’ booth. She recently called me to inquire as to our availability, and I said I’d poll the LUG to see if we can support it.

Things you need to know:

1) The request is for us to run the track on Saturday 9/3. I think a small display could be possible, but didn’t get into those details with Susie yet.

2) We could drop off the track on Sunday 8/28, but that seems pointless since it’s an extra 90-minute trip and not *that* difficult to do the day of. Of course, that might mean an early morning to get up there and set up before the gates open, but that’s prob the best option.

3) Canfield Fair is huge. Like Trump.

4) No financial compensation has been discussed, but the exposure for the LUG could be nice (see #3). Potential for extra PaB credit (but that needs to be ratified by The Brick Czar…)

5) I am NOT available that day, and thus can’t be the point person to make this happen. So we need a volunteer to communicate with Susie, confirm our volunteers, organize the logistics of getting the track to Ohio, etc.

I know a few people (@zaximillian, others…?) expressed interest. I think at least 3-4 people would be a smart number. It’s gonna be insanely crowded, likely super hot (meaning people will need to take breaks), etc. so it seems prudent to have reinforcements.

If someone wants to run point, let me know and I’ll get you Susie’s information. If we don’t have interest, I’d like to let her know. So if this sounds like something yinz wanna do, speak up!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I suppose that might answer the question…

I’ll let it go for a few more days to see if any of yinz want to speak up.

Pete
    Participant

I would be willing to help out.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Thanks, Pete. But like I said, we need a point person, and I can’t do it for this event. Right now, Rich (based on comments at Q2) is willing to help, but not run point. Would you, @pete, be willing to head things up? I’d think a third volunteer would be good, but with 2 people you could maybe pull it off – you could ask Susie if she / other Boy Scout folks will be there to help run the track & supervise the build table. So, if one of you (or someone who hasn’t spoken up yet) will coordinate, it can be a go, but until someone steps up, I think it’s in limbo.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

So…. Susie left me a voice mail a couple days ago. Anyone want to take charge and make this event happen? @pete? @zaximillian? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller…?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The Mrs. says we’ll be out of town that weekend.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

So I messaged @zaximillian on Facebook b/c I know he can’t get on the forums much. If I don’t get a reply from him or someone else within the next few days, I think I’ll just tell Susie we can’t do the event. That’ll save her from wondering, and from leaving me more voice mails asking about it. Let’s say if we don’t have someone step up and take point by Friday 7/22, I’ll call this one off.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar