HARRY POTTER RETURNS

Home Forums All Things LEGO! HARRY POTTER RETURNS

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Also, they had NO other Lego HP sets or Polys. Disappointing trip.

ikr? I might be able to go to a LEGO store this weekend. If I do find HP CMF’s on the shelf, are there any particular ones I should get?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I found the LDD file for Hedwig online. It uses 438 white 1×2 plates, which are not really necessary to create the shape, but I guess they give the appearance of feathers.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

sent the LDD file, and to add on to greg’s point if you do a quick “select all that’s connected” you’ll find there are portions not connected to anything haha so it’s not perfect, but could definitely be a good guideline!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I looked in Center at Walmart and Target…same story, nothing to be had. Sorry. Although the Target did have a Great Hall set. Random.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@tcsbgdady @hannah133 @rcgrier3406 B&N stores are having an HP event to build a mini Hogwarts Express on Saturday, August 4th.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

how fun! not sure if I can make it to one this weekend but I’ll try 🙂 also, I have a friend who’s going to check the local walmart today for a box and if she doesn’t find one then I’m looking at a different one after work haha we’ll get it somehow!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

how fun! not sure if I can make it to one this weekend but I’ll try ? also, I have a friend who’s going to check the local walmart today for a box and if she doesn’t find one then I’m looking at a different one after work haha we’ll get it somehow!

All, I looked at two Target and two Walmart this morning. One Target said they didn’t get any at all. One Walmart said they had them but were not selling till next Tuesday as they are resetting the aisle with special displays and such Sun/Mon.

Sigh….#IMissTRUAlready

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

@Greg Schubert

Thanks! Maybe I can take my son this weekend…of course the closest store I can find is Akron, OH!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    David Bacon
    Participant

@tcsbgdady @hannah133 @rcgrier3406 B&N stores are having an HP event to build a mini Hogwarts Express on Saturday, August 4th.

The Waterfront store is the only one nearby that I saw to have this event. They are taking reservations in case they get a lot of demand. Their number is 412-462-5743.

David Bacon
    Participant

Target in Cranberry was a bust. They say you are not allowed to buy more than four minifigures at a time. Therefore they would not pull out a box for me.

WalMart employee said she hasn’t seen them at all and to check back next week.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by David Bacon.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

That is BS!! 4 at a time…BS! I did ask the manager lady in Center Walmart to hold one and she said she would but who knows.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I checked half full box of HP minifigs at TARGET. I was unsuccessfully searched for Dumbledore and Voldermort. I kept finding something that felt like a minifig flip-flop so I bought one and it turns out that the rubber thing is a pair of wands tied together. Seventeen of the figs in this series have wands, so that’s really not much help unless you are trying to get one of the three that does NOT have a wand.

David Bacon
    Participant

I checked half full box of HP minifigs at TARGET.

Which Target? Were you able to purchase more than 4 minifigures?

David Bacon
    Participant

I should mention that the Cranberry Target employees I talked with said that the HP minifigures would be at the checkout lanes, but when I left the store I glanced through the lanes and didn’t see any of them; just the leftover Batman Movie series 2 CMF.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Stopped at my local Walmart, said the same thing that Jim said; they’re not selling any til Tuesday :/

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

So…I checked at Barnes and Noble Robinson…no luck on minifigs. But they did have news that they as well as Cranberry are having the HP build on Saturday at 2PM. So, it may not be listed but it would seem most are having it in the Pittsburgh area. Maybe check your local stores. Also, they had a huge pile of clearance Lego at 30% off. That is actually 40% off with your member discount. Not too bad.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I checked today at Target Robinson. They have the minifigs but it is a 5 max per person per visit limit on purchase. The guy actually said I was the second one there today and he only found them at 1:30PM. They had one open box and 2-3 sealed boxes. I looked for Percival Graves but didn’t find him. It was evident the first person did the same thing as almost the entire box was filled but looked rummaged through. I may go back if I get time EOD. Same story at Walmart Robinson…Tuesday at earliest.

I too looked at checkout but found nothing but old SW polybags.

Additional note: I went back after work for 30 minutes and rifled through the unopened box. Found all the figs who only come with two in a box (Luna, Trelawny, Little Harry, and Credence) and another Percival Graves (chase fig). So, at least I should have a couple complete sets and a third nearly complete set. Maybe I will look for another Percival too. What the heck! Gives me something to do at lunch other than run or sit in a meeting. 🙂

David Bacon
    Participant

The Wal-Mart website has now pushed out the availability of Harry Potter sets in stores to the aforementioned date of next Tuesday, August 7. Not sure why they want to wait a whole week, but it seems to be across the board for their Harry Potter sets.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The Wal-Mart website has now pushed out the availability of Harry Potter sets in stores to the aforementioned date of next Tuesday, August 7.

I saw the Whomping Willow and Hogwarts Express sets at a WalMart this morning, but no CMF’s. However, there was a label on an empty shelf for “LEGO UK COLLECTABLES $3.97” right next to the HP sets.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

my local walmart is out already and said they won’t be back in stock til August 13.

David Bacon
    Participant

SCORE!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Nice! Mine comes next week. I can check Center today at 3 if anyone still needs them. Manager there said she’d hold one for me today. Let me know.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

@tcsbgdady, I think if you’ve got one available/held for you, could you grab it for @greg, @rcgrier3406 and I please? Although I am not in Pittsburgh to be able to meet you lol so I suppose I shouldn’t be callin’ the shots :p Hopefully Greg or Bob chimes in prior to 3 to second this.

I think unless we hear otherwise, go ahead and pick it up and I can pay you for it 🙂

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

@tcsbgdady, I think if you’ve got one available/held for you, could you grab it for @greg, @rcgrier3406 and I please? Although I am not in Pittsburgh to be able to meet you lol so I suppose I shouldn’t be callin’ the shots :p Hopefully Greg or Bob chimes in prior to 3 to second this.

I think unless we hear otherwise, go ahead and pick it up and I can pay you for it ?

Well, looks like they dumped all boxes out on floor. Sorry.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Went back to the Gibsonia Walmart where David B. scored his to see if they had any more, but no luck. David later told me that he got the only box they had, and that luckily all 60 of the packages were still in the box.

@hannah133
    , just an FYI, if we do score one in the next few days I’ll be in Columbus over the weekend to see the grandkids.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar