PA Trolley Museum – 2015 Summer Display

Home Forums LUG discussions PA Trolley Museum – 2015 Summer Display

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

It’s nearing summer again, and that means we have a lot of stuff going on. I’m happy to say we have been invited back to the Trolley Museum for the annual car show on June 27th & 28th, setup will be Friday the 26th. The display will be located in the same room as Santa Trolley and I am waiting to find out if we will have more display space than we did at Santa.

What I Need to know from people…

-Who’s planning on coming? (I will have a doodle set up shortly)
    -Are you planning on displaying, if so, what are you bringing?
    -What kinds of theme areas do we want to have? I’m planning on a town and carnival area already, if you’re partial to space, sea, or something of the sort, speak up.

Let me know, I will be updating this shortly with additional info.

David H Donley
    Participant

I shall be there Just about the entire time. Baseball will interfere on Saturday for a bit though.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m all in for Trolley Museum Summer Edition, or as I’m calling it – DonCon 2015

Last year me, Laura, and Josh made up almost the entire display. I don’t know if more people are interested in being involved or not. I’m assuming that we’ll have all day Friday to set up again, last year it was a nice mellow setup. Like last year, I would staff Sunday but not Saturday, unless we end up doing Q2 that Saturday, in which case I’d definitely come to the Trolley Museum first.

I was hoping to bring the full two-table park. At the very least I need one table for the observation platform half, cause it’s DonCon, but I’d really like to bring the whole thing, since it’s probably the last time I’ll be busting it out in 2014, or in its current form.

Nick Chen
    Participant

I’ll be there. I can bring the usual Modular Buildings and carousel. I got the mixer built too. I plan on getting the Ferris Wheel if it comes out this month.

Pete
    Participant

I will be there also. not sure yet what I am bringing. I will figure something out.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I am teh sad, but I’m almost certain I’ll be far, far away during this event. You kids have fun, though!

Pete
    Participant

Maybe we can set up the derby track.

Laura
    Participant

Thanks for the responses so far guys, I’m working on a layout plan at the moment but I still have to confirm how much space we have available.

Maybe we can set up the derby track.

That would be cool, I would really like to have an area close to the table with brick kids can build & play with.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Laura.
    Laura
    Participant

Doodle for this can be found here.

http://doodle.com/hqnismmczx8kat2v#table

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m signed up. I’m not sure yet if I’ll be able to come down that Saturday as well, so I left it blank for now.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I know I won’t be able to staff this year since I’m in Indiana for the summer but I’d love to help contribute to the display. I can bring stuff to the q2 meeting for it and I’d just get it back at the end of summer, or whenever this display ends. My question is what do you need built or want to borrow sets? For modulars, I have Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, and Palace Cinema but I figure you might already have those coming from Nick. Perhaps since it’s a car show you might be interested in borrowing my VW van and the Mini Cooper since they’re the same scale, I also have this black convertible (set 4896) I could dig out along with the hot rod (set 10151) and the Race Truck as the car (8041). I know these vehicles are totally not minifig scale so they might look awkward. I’m open to building something if that works better. I could build a minifig scale car show with like 8-10 cars depending on space and with minfigs checking them out and whatnot. Yea just let me know 🙂

Laura
    Participant

Alright, grades are in at school, and things are winding down here, so I have time to make another post here. I was working on a plan for the display, but I’ve been super busy with school stuff and haven’t gotten the chance to finish it. I will be working on the plan today and hopefully have it up by this evening.

The doodle currently has 3 signed up, that would be okay, but it would be great if we had a few more people show up, make sure you sign up if you can make it!

Nick Chen
    Participant

I got a new job, not sure about my schedule. Worst case if Tim goes, and I can’t, he can bring them over. I did get the Ferris Wheel.

test
    Participant

I can contribute my Fire Brigade if you need it. I also have the VW bus and could build my Mini Cooper and use them like a museum (we did that at Ligonier). Hannah, I don’t want to step on your toes, though.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

@suezpeace Not to worry! I do think it would be easier if someone who is closer brings the cars. I don’t want to commit to bringing/building anything until Laura has the plan finished so we can figure out what exactly needs done 🙂

Tim

I will be away for work that weekend. I put my name on the Doodle with a 🙁 (like Matt).

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Apparently by “I am working on a plan today and hopefully have it up by this evening” you really meant “maybe I’ll post it a week from now.” 😛

Dan
    Participant

I can send Monorail again. May be able to attend.

Nick Chen
    Participant

Good news everyone! I have Saturday off. So I can help staff on Sat. No idea about Sunday though. Laura, setup is Friday morning right? Which works well for me as well. I have work at 1:30 so I can come in the morning and bring my Ferris Wheel, Fairground Mixer and Carousel.

Laura
    Participant

Sorry for letting this drop off my radar, but we’re still on for this weekend. Friday setup is go for launch, I just need to head to Josh’s house to pick up the tables. I have a plan (that I know no one has seen) hoping to fix that tonight.

I’m in Indiana for the summer but I’d love to help contribute to the display. I can bring stuff to the q2 meeting for it and I’d just get it back at the end of summer, or whenever this display ends.

Sorry I didn’t respond sooner Hannah, I would have loved for you to be able to contribute. I’m sure there will be more opportunities to come! =)

Apparently by “I am working on a plan today and hopefully have it up by this evening” you really meant “maybe I’ll post it a week from now.” 😛

…or 2 weeks >.< Really, by my personal standards that’s not too bad 🙂

I can send Monorail again. May be able to attend.

That would be awesome Dan, let me know what your final plans are, and sign up on Doodle.

I have Saturday off. So I can help staff on Sat. No idea about Sunday though. Laura, setup is Friday morning right? Which works well for me as well. I have work at 1:30 so I can come in the morning and bring my Ferris Wheel, Fairground Mixer and Carousel.

Yep, Friday is setup anywhere from 10am to 5pm, whatever is best for you. I have a plan for the fairground area, so your contribution is greatly appreciated. Please sign up on doodle!

DOODLE:
    http://doodle.com/hqnismmczx8kat2v#table

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>.<

This is another one that I’m not familiar with. Matt would tell me to look it up but that sounds like a lot of effort. Cyclops with a bow in her hair? Bellybutton on an hourglass figure? Target lock on Ant-Man?

I have a plan (that I know no one has seen) hoping to fix that tonight.

LIES LIES LIES!!! Well, I’m showing up with all my stuff regardless, so I’m puttin’ it somewhere. I’m gonna try n get there as close to 10am as possible on Friday so I have plenty of time to set up, although that really probably means I’ll get there at noon.

test
    Participant

>.<

This is another one that I’m not familiar with. Matt would tell me to look it up but that sounds like a lot of effort. Cyclops with a bow in her hair? Bellybutton on an hourglass figure? Target lock on Ant-Man?

It’s an emoticon that Wikipedia claims means “Skeptical, annoyed, undecided, uneasy, hesitant”

I always have to do all the work.

Laura
    Participant

I consider it my ‘Doh!’ Face

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m running behind but I’m on my way, I should be there by 12:30ish @laura

Laura
    Participant

I should be there by 12:30ish

Alrighty Ben, see you then.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar