Summer Reading Display(s?!?)

Home Forums LUG discussions Summer Reading Display(s?!?)

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Tim

I just haven’t seen many specific comments besides you, Tim.

It may have been part of another thread. Twenty lashes with a wet noodle for me, I suppose. I will get a separate thread started this week for Cranberry summer reading.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Twenty lashes with a wet noodle for me, I suppose.

Listen… what you do in the privacy of your own home is your business, but we don’t need to know about it.

But seriously, I searched for “Cranberry” and only turned up the comments on the summer library thread I started, not a separate thread for this year. And I checked your post / thread history over the past few months and didn’t see a thread there, either. So yeah. 😀

Aaron Gomez
    Participant

I’m hoping to contribute to the Cranberry display.

Laura
    Participant

No pressure, really. But I’d like to confirm whether people are at least considering this idea, or whether it’s just not going to happen

I’m interested, but my availability is limited seeing as I’m 150 miles away.

Josh
    Keymaster

Sounds like a personal problem you need to overcome.

Tim

But seriously, I searched for “Cranberry” and only turned up the comments on the summer library thread I started, not a separate thread for this year. And I checked your post / thread history over the past few months and didn’t see a thread there, either. So yeah.

Stop trying to refute me with “logic” and “verifiable search history”. Sheesh! :-p I know, you do it because you care.

Seriously though, I will get a thread going for Cranberry soon.

FOUND IT. IT WAS EARLIER IN THIS VERY THREAD! HA AND PBBBBTTT!

From Rachel: Hi Tim!!!!
    We are absolutely interested! The theme is “On your mark, get set, read” which is essentially like exercise, sports, etc. Basically anything you guys do will be awesome though.
    And yes we will prob definitely want you guys for Cranberry Days. Thanks for being awesome to the Cranberry Library!!!!!!!!!!
    Rachel likes to use exclamation points. So the theme is “On your mark, get set, read”. Time to start generating ideas. Anyone up for building a track stadium and filling the stands with minifigs reading books?

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Tim.
    Dan
    Participant

Maybe @philmatt24 will need to sacrifice a minifig to the press for this insolence, eh @timf?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hey friends,

I’m putting this out as a last call for trying to do any other summer reading displays besides Cranberry. If it’s going to happen, we need to get going, like, this week. If it’s not going to happen, so be it. I just want to know for sure, so I know what to tell the other librarians who were interested.

I do think we could whip up something fairly simple and small for one or two other branches (especially if @timf loans his plethora of road baseplates.) Wouldn’t have to be nearly as big or fancy as what we’re doing at Cranberry. But, I also don’t want to force it if we don’t have the interest. So… anyone want to try for this, or shall we just concede that we don’t have the wo/manpower to pull it off this year?

Tim

(especially if @timf loans his plethora of road baseplates.)

Absolutely willing to pitch in road plates.

Pete
    Participant

what themes are we looking at?

Tim

The Summer Reading Displays are all “Ready, Set, Read!”

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar