Cranberry Library Summer Dispay 2016

Home Forums LUG discussions Cranberry Library Summer Dispay 2016

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I see no one claimed the grandstand. I have a total of 200 seats that are red, blue, white and yellow. (Perhaps there are more in the LUG supply.) @timf, how wide would you want the grandstand to be?

Josh
    Keymaster

Idea fodder

Pedal to the brick

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Idea fodder

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/05/22/pedal-to-the-brick/

I thought we weren’t going to make it complicated / curvy.

Dat papoose, tho.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Well no, I don’t think Josh meant for us to do the crazy road technique, maybe other aspects of it. However, I marvel that you noticed the papoose.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

However, I marvel that you noticed the papoose.

Also Frodo hair, just left of the babby.

Also, The Empire and Rebel Alliance both sponsored the race. Weird. (Exploriens, too…)

Also, stacks ‘o tires.

😀

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Is anyone tackling grandstands yet?

I did this in the least amount of time possible. It uses three Quatro bricks … hidden by the sloped stone wall.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I did this in the least amount of time possible. It uses three Quatro bricks … hidden by the sloped stone wall.

Nice! What’s up with those Technic pins in the (I’m presuming) stairs? Did you just use 2×4 dark gray bricks with pins on both sides, and tan 1×2 w/ Technic pin holes to maintain the color on the sides? Or are they trapdoors or something? o_O

Greg Schubert
    Participant

In doing this, I learned that older style DUPLO bricks are not compatible with the Quatro bricks. There is a reinforcement piece between the tubes on the underside of the older style DUPLO bricks that interferes with placing the DUPLO bricks snugly on the Quatro bricks.

those Technic pins

Yes, those are basically 2×4 bricks with pins on the end for attaching wheels. The only part that looks like I made an effort was the top of a yellow train station that I disassembled yesterday. 🙂

Attachments:
    Tim

Today may be the greatest day in Motorsports with the Monaco Grand Prix (already completed this morning), the most famous race in Formula 1, the Indianapolis 500, the most important race on the IndyCar circuit, and the Coca-Cola 600 this evening, the longest race on the NASCAR schedule and probably 2nd in popularity only to the Daytona 500 in NASCAR.

Hopefully, these races today can provide inspiration for our display. I build SAFER barriers and the pit road wall this morning (I’ll post some pictures later today) and will be working on some ideas for the Pit Road area.

Also, do we have some campers and RVs for the Infield area? I’ve got one RV, but it would be nice to have 4 or 5 RVs.

Pete
    Participant

I just picked up the new creator one this week. I will have it ready for next weekend.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I just picked up the new creator one this week.

Do you mean this: http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=60057-1#T=S&O={} ?

Pete
    Participant

no this one
    http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Vacation-Getaways-31052?fromListing=listing

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Pete.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

no this one

Brick built camera? Brick built bear?!? What’s this world coming to???

Pete
    Participant

no this one

Brick built camera? Brick built bear?!? What’s this world coming to???

its a build a bear

Tom Frost
    Participant

it would be nice to have 4 or 5 RVs

I’ll have 6 RV’s/trailers I think

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

it would be nice to have 4 or 5 RVs.

I’ll have 6 RV’s/trailers I think

Six is right out!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Six is right out!

references:

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

references:

Ten points to Hufflepuff!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

my plan is to be there right at 8:00 am and be done by 10:00 ish

So is June 4th at 8:00AM a definite for the Cranberry library display case setup?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Not sure on the install plan, Greg.

But here’s what I do know:

1) We have at least one gallon bag each of several styles of tires – see attached pics.

2) I have zero time to build until Thursday evening.

3) It should be fairly easy to stack tires somehow… could even be done on install day (many hands make light work n’at.)

So yeah. Stacks 2-3 tires high should be easy, could go on 1×1 round bricks (i.e. cannonballs) or flagpoles, or something.

Attachments:
    Tom Frost
    Participant

Some things for Saturday

Cameraman on a platform, guy waving checkered flag on a platform, some food vendors for the infield and a porta-john, and two light towers

Octan race team and pit crew

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Tom Frost.
    Attachments:
    Tom Frost
    Participant

RV’s and campers for the infield

Attachments:
    Tim

Greg, I’ve emailed Rachel again just to confirm that Saturday at 8:00 am is good. I don’t think it will take very long. I’m going to try to get over to the library on Thursday or Friday to clean up the case and lay down the track.

Tom, that is some cool stuff you have. The infield and pit lane should be rocking!

Tim

Rachel has confirmed that we can get into the display on Saturday morning starting at 8:00 am. I’ll be there by 9:00 am and I am also planning on going over tomorrow sometime, just to do preliminary cleaning and set up.

Tim

The case is cleaned up and ready. I’ve put in the track and pit area. Next to go in should be any hanging airplanes. I’ll see everyone tomorrow morning.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar