Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

#LUGLyfe

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Ben play well

Yeah yeah, Greg knows I’m a big fan of his Lego room. I do need to call him out on a recent post of his though:

>> Its time for more updates on the progress of the six foot LEGO Christmas tree.

I couldn’t help but notice that this post contains a promise of updates on the progress of the six foot Lego Christmas tree, but no actual updates, photo or otherwise, on said Christmas tree. Which leads me to the conclusion that Greg is a six foot Lego Christmas tree progress update tease.

zbauer2013
    Participant

popular reality TV series such as Lego Basement Wars and Pimp My Lego Room.

*Like*

Tom Frost
    Participant
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I cannot weigh in on this whose LEGO room is cooler directly. However, I will show what I built today, just today, with no prior planning. More impressive is the mess that I created building it … but I won’t show that, because I am a tease.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

I’m super impressed @greg. I like the play on the name. I’m headed to the Trolley museum around lunch time tomorrow (fri) if you have time to run it over to my house in the morning 🙂

P.S. my build dungeon is a huge mess right now too!

zbauer2013
    Participant

Looks amazing, Greg!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

P.S. my build dungeon is a huge mess right now too!

Stud dungeon, you mean. Build dungeon just doesn’t have the same ring to it…

@greg
    , nice, but y u no use sand green? 😉

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> but I won’t show that, because I am a tease.

Okay, that’s easily the hardest I’ve ever el-oh-el’ed on steelcitylug.com. It definitely pushes Matt’s fayetteville.jpg to a still respectable but nonetheless distant second.

It is a nice build, although it’s gonna look strange in the North Pole display. Also, I notice that Greg is using fancy photos of impressive one-day builds to distract us from the fact that he still hasn’t actually given us a real progress update on the six-foot Christmas tree build.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Full disclosure: there was prior planning, but I did not do the planning. Some guy who submitted this IDEAS project to TLC and then some master builder employee planned this building. Still, it was a good challenge to try to recreate it.

I have no sand green tiles. So instead of the well-loved fishing store, I decided to make a well-maintained boating store. 🙂 I also discovered that I have none of those silvery fish.

I don’t think this building will make it to the trolley museum, partly because the sides of the main building that cannot be seen in the photo are unfinished, and partly because my wife was nice enough not to KILL me while I was working on this for many hours and she was doing a lot of vacation prep.

There has been NO progress on the Christmas tree since the last photo I posted, there have been other priorities. However, I am no longer targeting July 16 as an end date, that was ambitious anyway. Instead, I’m planning to help Bob haul Hogwarts to the Philly BrickThingy in July.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I was at a LEGO store today and there were deals going on.

1) double VIP points for the 4th of July weekend
    2) tan baseplates for $5 if you buy either a large of small cup

My favorite part found on the PaB wall was “Sand Green Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Studs on 2 Sides, Opposite”

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=47905&colorID=48&in=A

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

We are at Rehoboth DE this week. We were on the boardwalk tonight and I took this pic for Pete. I assume that Pete would order the ‘Big Daddy’ and tell them to supersize it.

Attachments:
    Pete
    Participant

Sorry to tell you ben I would be over at Super Kind or Sunshine Octopus. You might also find me at the Birkenstock outlet store.

Tom Frost
    Participant

The last time Ben promised us funnel cake, he didn’t come through. 🙂

We are also in Rehoboth. It’s where Steel City LUG vacations. Except when they go to Iceland. Or Denmark.

Attachments:
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> The last time Ben promised us funnel cake, he didn’t come through.

This is Falseasaurus Rex. What actually happened was I said I would bring the funnel cake kit to Q2, as long as I had at least one volunteer to help me make them. Exactly zero people manned up on that one, so if anybody is looking for somebody to blame on the whole ‘no funnel cake’ thing, they should look in the mirror. So there 😛

Yeah I know from his Flickr photos that Walter was here a little while back too. We’ve been coming here since 1991.

Josh
    Keymaster

@pete I thought these weren’t legit, but I always forget about the possibility of dimensions!

https://www.google.com/search?q=lego+power+puff&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia0cG0oY_VAhUI8z4KHQ7LAZQQ_AUICygC&biw=1746&bih=829

so many characters I don’t think about.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I did a double take at ET yesterday, for sure. Dimensions is #AWholeNewWorld…

Josh
    Keymaster
    Tim

For the most part, they have managed to avoid the “pyramid” look, even without any landscaping. Once they throw some vegetation onto the mountainside, it should look very organic.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Yeah am not a fan of the Mayan Temple look. This one looks really good to me.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Did you see that the name of the train station is FFARQUHAR? (I thought it was a Shrek reference, but that is spelled Farquaad.) It turns out that FFARQUHAR it is from Thomas the Tank Engine:

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/9/9e/Sodor%27sLegendoftheLostTreasure34.png/revision/latest?cb=20150929100056

Tom Frost
    Participant

Castle WIP

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Has anyone had experience with leaving assembled LEGO in a storage space which may potentially reach humanly intolerable temperatures for extended hours over many months or even years? I am planning to put some MOC’s in the attic and I could see parts melting slightly and fusing together in the heat.

Tim

I am planning to put some MOC’s in the attic and I could see parts melting slightly and fusing together in the heat.

A friend of mine in Richmond had a small house and stored all of his Lego (brick and MOCs) in his attic for years without any noticeable harm. The attic was not temperature controlled. Richmond is know for it’s slightly warm summers (several months of 90+ and days of 100+ are not uncommon). He measured temps in the 125+ in his attic during the peak of the day. Obviously, YMMV.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

The closest thing I’ve done to that is leave a moc in a hot car for a couple days. I found this resulted in some of the parts losing a bit of their clutch power (though as far as I can tell it wasn’t a permanent loss).

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar