Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 876 through 900 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I heard that Flickr Pro accounts are going from $25 a year to $80 a year. That’s a big jump. Can anybody confirm that?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I heard that Flickr Pro accounts are going from $25 a year to $80 a year. That’s a big jump. Can anybody confirm that?

I believe it did go up on my auto-renewal.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Why does TLG think that someone would pay $180 for some just ok looking models of Mickey and Minnie Mouse when they could get (for example) a more authentic looking plastic model of the same thing for $30?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cute-Lg-Set-of-Mickey-and-Minnie-12-Figurines-Very-Heavy-Hard-Plastic-Figures/401576965121?hash=item5d7fda3401:g:d~MAAOSwzrlbZc6b

Dan (Beast)
    Participant

Because it’s over 1700 pieces. The set isn’t for me, but you can make the same argument for model cars like the Bugatti or Porsche gt3. Also most of the star wars sets have a normal plastic model alternative.
    Lego is expensive, but generally worth the cost.

Phil Breneman
    Participant

As a technic building noob, I learned that the old 9V LEGO system batteries and motors don’t connect to PowerFunctions controls. However the benevolent LEGO overlord priveds a cable 8886 that provides compatibility for in a $3 cable. The part is NOT sold in any sets.

I need three of these cables for my current project and three is the limit that one is allowed to buy (despite some bricklink stores stocking hundreds.) If anyone is placing an order with LEGO, please let me know, because these expensive little wires become even more expensive once the shipping cost is added. Thanks!

Greg, not sure if you still need these, but I am placing an order soon and will add some in. If you don’t want them any longer, that is ok. I will either use them myself or sell them someday.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Thanks Phil, I ordered and received three already, but I think having more is a good idea because so many of my electrical parts are old school. I’ll buy them from you if you choose not to keep them.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Legoland New York will not be opening this year and will be opening in 2021

They left a space for it on the “attractions” sign at the exit off I-84.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Pete
    Participant

I drove past the site last year on my way to Woodstock. All I saw were a bunch of construction vehicles.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Pete.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Is there a GBC thread? Couldn’t find it just now.

Anyways, @bengood921 has work to do:

also this is at least as impressive as tensegrity sculptures:

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I saw nearly all of the Mario sets at the Monaca Walmart, if you’re looking. They also had the figure blind bags too.

Happy hunting!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I don’t think there’s a GBC thread. I’m pretty sure I never created one myself. There’s always been plenty of group projects going on in Steel City LUG, so I’ve always had plenty of options for stuff to participate in without having to resort to introducing something that nobody else was already doing. If somebody wants to create one, I’ll certainly subscribe and post to it when appropriate.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Jonah really is stealing all the glory these days

Thanks goodness that he won’t be an official AFOL for a few more years so I’ll still have a chance at 3rd place in the LUG challenges.

Dan
    Participant

Pick the right Lego control panel for your use case!

https://www.designedbycave.co.uk/2020/LEGO-Interface-UX/

Greg Schubert
    Participant

“not to be confused with the Stanley Cup, which is also highly prized”

Not by the Penguins, apparently.

somebody get the aloe

Attachments:
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

For anyone interested, I saw many of the new Harry Potter sets and most of the new Star Wars sets at Target today. Including 4 of the 75280 501st Battlepack! Also, many from the City line and others. The new NatGeo sets looked nice! 🙂

So stock is coming back!

Happy Hunting!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The new Main Square seems overpriced at $200. For that price, the yellow commuter train should be motorized. The box art seems to suggest that it the yellow train is a monorail! Are they just trying to play with our emotions?

Attachments:
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

It is overpriced. As are many other sets this year….an $80 Grievous shuttle!?!?!?? With a mis-colored Grievous and a totally wrong Obi Wan?? I am not sure there is an original set idea out there except Maybe in the Ideas line. Most of it is recolored or repackaged sets from last year or years prior. Only the AFOLs are developing fresh ideas for Lego to sell!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Quick lunch build…PAB wall parts mostly. Happy Fall!

Josh
    Keymaster

HECK YEAH, Jim! That’s what this fall building is about! Make sure to post that in the october build thread too!

and not to toot my own horn, but Matt stopped over the other day and we looked at this trophy we won at the philly brickfest many years ago, and I was reminded that Tyler, from LEGO MASTER BUILDER fame, designed this trophy. So you know, I’m like, cool now, because I knew about Tyler before he was famous.

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

So you know, I’m like, cool now, because I knew about Tyler before he was famous.

Yeah, but I *met* Tyler before he was famous…

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Tyler, from LEGO MASTER BUILDER fame

U mean the hit FOX television show LEGO MASTERS, bruh?

Josh
    Keymaster

wait, when did you meet him?!?! Denmark??

Micah Beideman
    Participant

I was friends with Tyler before he was famous :0

(if y’all had just come to BW 2017 you could have met him too)

Josh
    Keymaster

Me in a few years:

I was friends with [Micah] before he was famous :0

see, it works out, even if Micah is famous in 5 years or not. I mean, he’s already hosted beyond the brick.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I was friends with [Micah] before he was famous :0

Hey, me too!

wait, when did you meet him?!?! Denmark??

Yes, Denmark. I only wish I’d made more of a point to hang with guys like him and Iain Heath…

Viewing 25 posts - 876 through 900 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar