Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 1,076 through 1,100 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Joanne fabric.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I love that minifig-sized ray however, we are going to have a YUUUGE ray for the display case. that was part of the Q3 build challenge, in fact there were several underwater builds in the Q3 build challenge. Noticeably absent was Walter’s table-filling under-seascape. Hopefully he can show off some of that in the Cranberry Library display.

Tim

Yes, we already have many great underwater MOCs. I’m just looking to add some more rays.

I also would love to have an elevated water surface with boats on it. Not sure the best engineering solution to do that (perhaps hanging it from the trellis). It would also be great if the surface was translucent so that kids looking up could see through it. Does anyone have a few thousand light blue 1×2 bricks?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3065#T=S&C=15&O={%22color%22:%2215%22,%22minqty%22:%22500%22,%22loc%22:%22US%22,%22iconly%22:0}

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Does anyone have a few thousand light blue 1×2 bricks?

I have a few thousand 1×1 plates…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I usually hold out on shopping at LEGO.com until they have double points for VIP’s and a winter-themed “gift with purchase.” This usually happens well before Black Friday, but maybe with the demand > inventory, TLG is not offering that this year?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

In August of 2020 we were hiking around South pPark and encountered the Cascades project renovation. Based on a Post Gazette headline I just saw, it appears to have been completed. Seems pretty cool for all y’all southern ‘burghers.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Does anyone think that the LUG should buy 4 Andy Warhol mosaics and build them for Pittsburgh-themed displays? They are on sale at Amazon

The Black Friday sales are on and the WARHOL sets are even cheaper, at $72 each instead of the original $115. Is this just part of Pittsburgh heritage that SteelCityLUG is not willing to embrace? Should we get four sets and make four different Heinz ketchup symbols instead?

Hey @tfdesigns, any thoughts on this proposal?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Pete
    Participant

I don’t think we should use LUG money for this idea. 4 members who want to collaborate would be cool. Somebody has to do the soup can also.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Does anyone think that the LUG should buy 4 Andy Warhol mosaics and build them for Pittsburgh-themed displays? They are on sale at Amazon

The Black Friday sales are on and the WARHOL sets are even cheaper, at $72 each instead of the original $115. Is this just part of Pittsburgh heritage that SteelCityLUG is not willing to embrace? Should we get four sets and make four different Heinz ketchup symbols instead?

Hey @tfdesigns, any thoughts on this proposal?

These are $53.99 today. Limit 3. Happy hunting!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Marilyn Monroe art sets are $53.99 at Amazon today. Limit 3. Happy hunting!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Marilyn Monroe art sets are $53.99 at Amazon today. Limit 3. Happy hunting!

9:07 AM – sold out?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Monkie Kid 2022 coming with some gold curve and teal straight and curved roller coaster track pieces. Sets 80034 and 80036 respectively. Looks like the partially borrowed a rover design from @tfdesigns.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Yep, I noticed that too, presumably Frost will be receiving royalties from sales of 80034 based on his rover from this past February:

Febrovery 2021 Chapter 6 Interlude

80036 looks like it might be a cool set but I am most interested in 80035 (which also has track in dark turquoise), because it has the 10x6x2 curved windscreen in trans-red (BL #45705). That part has come in five different transparent colors to date, but not trans-red. As soon as I saw it on TBB, I emailed Frost about it, pointing out that those Space Police I and GreyTron rovers aren’t gonna windscreen themselves. The set also has some trans-red pieces on the side, right below the sloped dark red part, but I can’t figure out what they are.

Greg Schubert
    Participant
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> who is this?

Apparently nobody here. I scrolled through the comments, somebody else (a userid I didn’t recognize) asked if he was a member of Steel City LUG, and his reply was ‘Can’t say I’ve ever heard of it’. So I posted the link as a reply to that comment, we’ll see if it gets noticed, there’s no shortage of comments on that post.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Also, the comments on that one brought to my attention that they’re finally making a 3×3 quarter circle tile to go with the 1×1, 2×2, and 4×4 that we’ve already had for several years now. There is a BL entry for it already, it’s only listing the part as available in olive, and it doesn’t list any sets for it yet, but apparently it’s a real thing, which means eventually it’ll start showing up in more useful colors.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Not sure if anyone looked at the 2022 sets coming out for City but lots of new stuff in there. Black and brown squirrels, kittens, dogs, brown horse, and a new ice cream suit for the minifigure in your life.

Brothers Brick has some good images.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

2022 sets coming out for City

I thought the space sets were more interesting than anything else. I guess they consistently profit by producing another hospital and fire station each year.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Agreed! The space sets are the best. I was just pulling some interesting parts out. Overall City is fire, police, and helicopters. I did like the new ambulance color and thieves getting creative by using an ice cream truck!

Josh
    Keymaster

I just messaged the other guy on reddit i found a bit back. we’ll see if we can find @zandecreates a buddy 😀

which reminds me…when’s the last time we did brick buddies?!?! MAN! Maybe I’m missing out on making sure new members feel supported!

I’ve begun designing a microscale model of Pittsburgh. from lego

Krista K

I’ve been informally serving as one to those I’ve brought in from my classes, but can make it more formal if needed. 🙂

Josh
    Keymaster

have we talked about this yet?

Pittsburgh Skyline

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

<< have we talked about this yet?

Maybe? I’m pretty sure I was on this guy’s website for the first time recently, but it could just be coincidence. I can’t remember how I ended up there.

His skyline is well done, except for the CoL, which I found to be unrecognizable. He also gave it more symmetry than it actually has. I think he would have been better off doing something else downtown, like Fifth Avenue Place.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Perhaps the micro cathedral is meh but it’s pretty easy to guess what it is supposed to be. The thing I don’t recognize is the tan pyramid next to the PPG tower.

I imagine that certain buildings have certain appeal to an architect, and I would guess that these buildings created to scale. The construction of the US Steel tower is clever.

He even has printed instructions! Was this submitted to LEGO Ideas?

Dan (Beast)
    Participant

Here’s mine from a few years ago.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 25 posts - 1,076 through 1,100 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar