Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 1,101 through 1,125 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

Maybe? I’m pretty sure I was on this guy’s website for the first time recently, but it could just be coincidence. I can’t remember how I ended up there.

@bengood921 We talked about his site in the course. He does an annual top 100 parts list, as well as has free labels for all the parts.

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Needs the reaching the sky monument from CMU. 😉

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Do we know anything yet about 2022 Q1 AFOL Day?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> We talked about his site in the course.We talked about his site in the course.

Ha, me n Rachel were amused by this, btw. So you know at least that I was paying attention in class, even if I didn’t quite retain every detail.

Krista K

Do we know anything yet about 2022 Q1 AFOL Day?

I haven’t seen anything yet about AFOL Day, but will let you know as soon as I do.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Krista K.
    Tim

Saw this on TBB (posted on January 10). Creating Pittsburgh at this scale would be really neat and a natural extension of what Bob, Dan, and others have already started.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

So you guys all heard the meteor boom on New Year’s Day? I ask cause I was in Illinois, so I missed it 🙁 I feel like I missed part of Pittsburgh history, although I’m wondering if it was really all that exciting. I found out about it cause Google feeds me local news stories on my phone, and eventually (once NASA confirmed that it was probably a meteor), it got national news coverage.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Saw this on TBB (posted on January 10).

What’s “this”…? The thing Josh posted?

have we talked about this yet?

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

What boom? Not much of one since I slept through it and usually sonic disturbances wake me up quite easily.

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Also, new Lego City train set confirmed for midyear 2022. Some sort of high speed train, not the little one that just came out. Any word on a new cargo train or Creator expert train since they discontinued the neat Crocodile? Never enough trains for my fleet. Never enough space for them either but that’s a different matter. LOL

Skipper Mike
    Participant

It was at 11:30am so might already have been awake. I didn’t feel it, but my Southern California wife who is attuned to the earth moving felt it. It was southeast of the city so up here in the north we didn’t hear it.

Tim

What’s “this”…? The thing Josh posted?

The Brothers Brick – http://www.brothers-brick.com

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

The Brothers Brick – http://www.brothers-brick.com

issa big website, Tim… 😉

Oh you must mean THIS one: https://www.brothers-brick.com/2022/01/10/honey-i-shrunk-the-harbour/

Tim

My apologies @philmatt24, I thought I had posted the direct link. Sorry about that. Yes, that is exactly to what I was referring.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Haha, I figured that’s what happened… just yankin’ yer chain, buddy! 😉

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Seattle Kraken is such a cool name, but I think they really missed an opportunity to have a cool logo. If they had designed a Goliath cephalopod, I would have loved to have their jersey.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

From what I’ve seen, it’s generally been regarded as a pretty cool logo and aesthetically pleasing jerseys. I think in this case, the subtlety probably will hold up better in the long run than would aggressive tentacles everywhere.

My sadness comes from their decision not to stick with the blue+green color scheme traditional for most Seattle teams (SuperSonics being the exception, but they sadly are gone.) Most likely, this is due to the Vancouver Canucks’ (an organization known for monumentally inconsistent uniform / logo / color scheme decisions) return to their original blue+green, and Seattle’s desire to distinguish themselves from their presumed geographical rivals.

I do think that, while I initially was skeptical of their choosing to use multiple shades of blue, this works pretty well.

However, while the red is minimal, it does place them in the camp of “now there are eight teams with Red+White+Blue uniforms” (and eleven whose primary jersey color is blue – not counting the Sharks’ teal.)

But just imagine if that red eye were Seahawk green!!

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Life imitates art.

Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

LOL, I like @willmcdine ‘s crane + bus idea WAYYYYYYYYYYYY more than the feeling I got when you first posted this.

now that I’ve had a few days to recover from the emotional damage, I do kind of see it as a case for procrastination…had we not rebuilt it, we’d have a very topical piece ready for display!

…but only because no one died. That would have been in bad taste otherwise.

and now that I think about it…….a technic crane set dangling a PAT bus would TOTALLY be great for the science center display……..

Josh
    Keymaster

after I posted that last night, I went to bed and thought I should clarify, my emotional reaction was just to the destruction of our LEGO ravine and having to rebuild it, at least twice. I didn’t want to rebuild/break it again. that was all.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am not proposing breaking the LEGO bridge, but agree we should make a PAT bus dangling from a crane.

Also, with my comment “Life imitates art” (a reversal of art imitating life) I wanted to include pictures of the rescue operation at Greenburgs’ Train Show, but only found a photo of the intact bridge.

Josh
    Keymaster

jokes are always better when we explain them.

Tim

SuperSonics being the exception

They could have followed the Sonics’ color scheme and had primarily green with a yellow eye and black/white trim. That would have been evocative of the ocean and also a nice nod to the Sonics.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

They could have followed the Sonics’ color scheme and had primarily green with a yellow eye and black/white trim. That would have been evocative of the ocean and also a nice nod to the Sonics.

That would’ve been interesting too.

I guess not every city can be as in-sync with their sporting clubs’ colour schemes as we are here in the Burgh…

Tim

Speaking of hockey… four losses in a row. On the plus side, the Pens still got 3 of 8 possible points (with 3 OT/SO losses), so it could have been worse. At least we’re still ahead of the Crapitals. 😀

Viewing 25 posts - 1,101 through 1,125 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar