Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    David H Donley
    Participant

Holy cow. It visually hurts my brain.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@willmcdine firefighters are half price at Shop at Home, but these sales don’t last

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-City-Fire-Accessory-Set-850618?fromListing=listing

Micah Beideman
    Participant

So I was just thinking bout changing my icon on here to the icon I use for just about everything lego, instead of some random fig…
    I realize this is a huge life changing decision though, so I figured I better let all of ya’ll know xD

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I was just thinking bout changing my icon

We support your right to change your avatar. Thanks for posting in Threadjacking!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

We support your right to change your avatar.

Don’t listen to Greg. I don’t like change. It’s strange and makes me uncomfortable.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Does anyone want a bunch of radio controlled cars, trucks, etc. that my boys received as gifts and then maybe played with once? I don’t know if any of them work, but if you know someone who likes to tinker with toy motors etc. have them contact me through my post on Pittsburgh freecycle.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Zach Bauer
    Participant

I’ll take 1 or 2 to tinker with! I still have a couple I mess around with that I programmed in college with arduino boards.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Zach, you can become the curator of the entire collection if you want. I can deliver them to your house tomorrow and you can give away anything that you don’t want.

Zach Bauer
    Participant

Sounds bueno! I can just pick them up from you whenever. You don’t have to make an extra trip.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The new LEGO Disney Princess castle from FROZEN has white leaf elements. I did not see that on LUGbulk options for 2015 or 2106, however there were olive, purple and dark red “limb element, small” pieces.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

That set also has lavender grass stalks :3

Josh
    Keymaster

good to know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0GHR95ySRM

another plus of going to RC track is the ability to make cross sections or anything we want like that.

Tim

I have one 9-v cross piece. I can’t recall that I have ever used it. That video shows a nice solution for RC trains.

Josh
    Keymaster

Same here

Josh
    Keymaster

these are $9 on amazon. Same I original started using, but with a clip on the sides to connect multiple.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O7R6RS6/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_xx_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=63a50f3f76dd4a39cabd2cee783cc986_S

or you can just use old cool whip containers like Greg. Whatever floats your boat.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Toys R Us 20% off Total Purchase (Lego included) through Monday 4/25/16 online use code FRIEND20 or print in-store coupon

I’m going to order a couple more rechargeable train batteries. Its also free shipping on orders over $19

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m going to order a couple more rechargeable train batteries. Its also free shipping on orders over $19

I like the way you think! 🙂

Josh
    Keymaster

instead of threadjacking another thread, or reviving a dead one, @laura why can’t I find any good pics of the trolley displays? Like a complete shot of the display? @solscud007 did you ever take any? I’m trying to find some good pics in our flickr stream for our LEGO.com feature, and I can’t find anything really good.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

hm, ya, this is he best on I could find… https://www.flickr.com/photos/129309289@N03/15931273915/in/pool-steelcitylug/
    I do however thing this photo would be great for the LEGO.com feature :3 https://www.flickr.com/photos/97645378@N02/20693615091/in/dateposted-public/

Laura
    Participant

I am trying to find some from this past year, I know my dad took some. Give me a bit.

Found some!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Laura.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

This is just my opinion, and its easy for me to suggest because I would not be the one to do the work, but I think that our LUG homepage might be more appealing if it had a photo gallery of stuff we’ve made.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’ve been trying to lay off the jokes for Greg’s sake, but since this is the #Threadjacking thread…

This is just my opinion, and its easy for me to suggest because I would not be the one to do the work, but I think that our LUG homepage might be more appealing if it had a photo gallery of stuff we’ve made.

But seriously, there’s a slideshow from our Flickr page… is that not working for you? Maybe we could bump it up above the text, @JoshHall? Walls of text can be intimidating…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

My suggestion is to try to look at this from the perspective of someone who has never been to the LUG page before. If you go to another LUG’s page and you see lots of photos of what they have done, then you get excited. If you see a lot of text, not so much.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Oh, for sure. But as one who doesn’t really know how to make it happen, I’m really just a cheerleader in your campaign for more pics, less text!

Tim

The Flickr feed is nice as it lets me see instantly if there have been any new pictures posted. I would support a few “static” pictures being posted among the initial text, so as to draw visitors into the site more. Again, like Matt, I’m not a person who knows how to do this so this is merely friendly suggestions, to be heeded or ignored as desired.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar