2018 Fall Display PA Trolley Museum

Home Forums LUG discussions 2018 Fall Display PA Trolley Museum

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Pumpkin Trolley is rapidly approaching with the first weekend being October 13-14, and continuing on the 20-21, 27-28. If you have participated in this event in years past you know that it is a “Fall” themed display. We will set up on the even Friday October 12th, the evening prior to the first day of the event. I know that @rcgrier3406 and @timf are already hard at work planning a “Harry Potter” themed area, but I believe we will be able to fit additional builds around it. Let me know if you are interested, sign up on the doodle!

Tim

What room will we be in? At present, we are planning the HP discplay on 8 LUG tables as a “walk around” display (open to the public on all four sides) – see attached. However, we can modify that if needed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Laura
    Participant

Tim, I’ve attached here the Bluebrick file that contains the information for the rooms size, I also attached the 2 files you need to add 40×40 tables to the program. Lastly, I have the photo of what we might be able to do with a “walk around” display. Let me know.

Edit: Okay so I didn’t attach the .bbm file or the xml file because they’re “not allowed for security reasons” I will see if I can message them to you.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Laura.
    Attachments:
    Tom Frost
    Participant

I have my haunted house and I can put together the other monster fighters things again too. I am also working on the LUG ghost train (again). I may build a haloween trolley if I can make time

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I will supply my haunted house,but will be out of town for the setup.

Sean Collins
    Participant

hey @timf just take my trees here. ill also try and bring some small stuff

Tim

hey Tim just take my trees here. ill also try and bring some small stuff

Will do.

Josh
    Keymaster

Tim, I’ve attached here the Bluebrick file that contains the information for the rooms size, I also attached the 2 files you need to add 40×40 tables to the program. Lastly, I have the photo of what we might be able to do with a “walk around” display. Let me know.

Edit: Okay so I didn’t attach the .bbm file or the xml file because they’re “not allowed for security reasons” I will see if I can message them to you.

sorry, I’ll fix the attachment blocking in a few minutes…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I can contribute a haunted house and a graveyard … and now that I am thinking about it, I also built a crypt with the floating trans-orange pumpkins that light up. Perhaps a church would go nicely with all of this.

So what about sound? For the North Pole at Brickfair I used speakers under the table to play the soundtrack for the Charlie Brown Christmas Special. I can provide the speakers for this, we would need something to play an appropriate selection of music like Harry Potter theme songs, This is Halloween (from the Nightmare before Christmas) etc.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I have the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack. It’s actually the 20th anniversary edition so it has like, 4 different versions of This is Halloween

Tom Frost
    Participant

Pumpkin trolley for Pumpkin trolley.

I have also completed ghost train v3.

Both 9v powered.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Pumpkin trolley for Pumpkin trolley.

Great job on this trolley, the conductor is a clever addition. ?

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I introduced my daughter to Nightmare Before Christmas and now I’m thinking about building Jack’s house for next year. Then I can decorate it for Christmas for the winter displays.

Greg Schubert
    Participant
    Skipper Mike
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve seen these. I’ll shoot for the middle one, but probably end up more like the first one.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I’ve finished rebuilding my haunted house. It definitely looks more spooky and less like a haunted bungalow. Anyway, I will be out of town the week before set up, can I send it with someone?

Tom Frost
    Participant

can I send it with someone?

I’d be glad to take it for you if you can drop it off at my house sometime.

Tim

Two weeks away! I need to pick up the pace of building for this (I’ve been spending my recent build time on my Vic Viper contest entry). 🙂

Laura
    Participant

OMG This is closing in. So far we have Tim and Bob setting up the HP display in all its glory, I believe that is to take up 8 tables @timf ? We also have Mike’s and Tom’s haunted houses as well as the train & Trolley. I’m thinking we should probably go with a walk around display, I’m gonna whip something up in blue brick right now and hopefully have it posted within a couple of hours. >.< 😀

Oh, and because I didn’t say so in the first place, everything looks awesome @tfdesigns !!!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Laura.
    Laura
    Participant

Wow I’m actually posting this on time ;D

Attachments:
    Laura
    Participant

Also, I checked Doodle and we could really use staffing for this event. If you’ve never staffed a museum event, we generally are provided with lunch (pizza or sammichs) and you get to hang out all day in an AC/heated room(that we control). Thanks in advance guys!

Pete
    Participant

I am out of town the first weekend but will be there the next 2 weekends

Bob Grier
    Participant

Also, I checked Doodle and we could really use staffing for this event. If you’ve never staffed a museum event, we generally are provided with lunch (pizza or sammichs) and you get to hang out all day in an AC/heated room(that we control). Thanks in advance guys!

Hey @laura, shouldn’t the first date on the Doodle be Friday, Oct. 12th for set-up??

On the layout, the “Not sure what this is” area is for Hogsmeade.

Tim

that is to take up 8 tables

Yes, my original layout was for 8 LUG tables. If you need, we could squeeze it down to 6 LUG tables – Hogwarts takes up 4 tables by itself. And as Bob already mentioned, the “Not sure” area is an abbreviated version of Hogsmeade. A fuller version will be displayed at Santa Trolley, thus completing our Three Part Evolving Harry Potter Display.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Didn’t realize the dates until I spoke with Tom dropping off my haunted house. I signed up for a couple shifts.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar