2019 Ligonier Valley Train Show – Saturday, May 18

Home Forums LUG discussions 2019 Ligonier Valley Train Show – Saturday, May 18

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m done running errands for the evening. I got a container of train track from Josh’s house. It is all RC track, so it will require trains that run on batteries. I took the entire container of straight and switch tracks, and then filled up the remaining space (more than half the container) with curve track (which should be way more curve track that we can possibly use). Josh also suggested I grab some battery boxes, so I got four, although I’m not sure we will need them.

Then I went to Walter’s house. We were able to to fit six modulars in my car, so I have Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade, Palace Cinema, Parisian Cafe, and Detective’s Office.

I hope to get there right around 5 tomorrow. I have all the stuff of mine I said I’d bring. I know Bob is coming and apparently bringing some of Greg’s stuff. I don’t know if anybody else is gonna make it or not.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I will most likely go out on Friday and stay at a local motel overnight

Tim

Then I went to Walter’s house. We were able to to fit six modulars in my car, so I have Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade, Palace Cinema, Parisian Cafe, and Detective’s Office.

Put em up on eBay and then run! 😛 Pete is also bringing some modulars so we should have a good display of them.

I will most likely go out on Friday and stay at a local motel overnight

Still doing that. Bob and Pete are also staying local overnight tomorrow night.

I should be there between 5:00-5:30 pm. Huber Hall opens at 5:00 pm for set. Probably will close around 7:30-8:00 pm.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Car is loaded. I have the Incline, Greg’s Kings Cross and Fest Haus buildings, a small bin of misc. tree parts, some extra 32×32 and 32×16 baseplates, plus whatever I had as extra 9v track (6 straight and 8 curves) without tearing apart the set-up in my basement. I don’t have any RC trains, so I can’t help there. I did throw in my Hogwarts Express in the event we’re looking to put another train out, even if it just sits on a siding of RC track behind Greg’s King’s Cross station. I also threw in an extension cord, some 2″ blue tape, an extra 9v power supply, and the (3) LUG speed controllers and (2) connector wires that I got from Josh yesterday, plus a small stack of maybe (50) LUG business cards.

I’m also shooting to get there around 5 pm, and am staying over at the Springhill Suites.

@timf
    , assume you’re bringing your tablecloths, which means we should get unloaded but hold off setting too much up until you get there.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> assume you’re bringing your tablecloths, which means we should get unloaded but hold off setting too much up until you get there.

He said he’s definitely bringing them, so this has been my plan as well.

Tim

Yes, definitely bringing them. Hope to leave in about 30 minutes (around 3:30 pm) so as to arrive around 5:00 pm. Hopefully traffic in Monroeville around the Turnpike is not too bad.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

We (Me Bob Pete Time) got set up tonight. I left around 8:15 and Bob and Tim were still finishing up. Pics attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

It looks good, guys! Is that a Port Authority bus in front of the incline? Also, which train do you plan to run?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Does everybody know what time it is…?!?

Me Bob Pete Time

Bob Grier
    Participant

More pics from the LVRR Display on Saturday, May 18th. Tim, Ben, Pete and I all displayed and worked the event. Greg and Walter also contributed to the display. Nice, low key event that’s always enjoyable for us to display at, and that they love having us attend!! Don’t know what their final head count was, but there was a steady flow of people all day. I know they said they were limiting ticket sales to 300 (not counting around 30 exhibitors), but I overheard one of the organizers say they do better on advance sales and don’t have as many no shows when they do that (i.e. marketing ploy), so there may have been more.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskRotDzH

Bob Grier
    Participant

@joshhall, I checked the cup credits for this event that you just posted, and didn’t see anything (at least on mine) for set-up or teardown. Tim, Ben, Pete and I were all there Friday night for around 3 hours to setup, and all 4 of us were there for another 1.5 hours to tear down after the event on Saturday. Based on what we’ve done for events like this in the past, I would think that 1 more full cup (2 shifts x 0.5 cups) should be in order for each of us.

Josh
    Keymaster

Done! Thanks!

Tim

Attached are a letter from the LVRRA thanking us for participating in the Train Show again this year and an invitation to participate in a bus tour to a replica roundhouse in Sugarcreek, Ohio. Interestingly, my parents had sent me a newspaper article a few weeks ago on this very same roundhouse and I am attaching that article for anyone who is interested.

While the tour sounds really fun, I am not available on July 27, nor would I want to drive east to Latrobe simply to be bussed back west to Ohio. Perhaps the roundhouse can be added to the LUG’s potential field trip list.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

I just received in the mail a letter from the LVRR regarding the Model Home Tour 2020. I did not want to start a separate thread just yet but wanted to get the information out so we can get it on our LUG Calendar. It will be held on Saturday, May 16, 2020, at Huber Hall in Latrobe from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. While the show is Train-centric by nature, any theme is welcome and encouraged.

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar