2019 Winter Display PA Trolley

Home Forums LUG discussions 2019 Winter Display PA Trolley

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Sorry for this last minute post!

Once again we have been invited to display at this years “Santa Trolley” event which will take place on three weekends this year:

Fri-Sat, November 29-30; Sunday, December 1st; Saturday – Sunday December 7-8 and 14-15

Setup will take place the weekend prior, November 17 & 18. As with last year I will be available both days, so if there is anyone that cannot make it one day, they can come the next. I will also be available Wednesday November 27th afternoon/evening for any last minute building like a few of us did last year.

Again, this event is only 3 weekends this year.

The theme as always is a LEGO Winter Wonderland, but we cannot forget that we are working with LEGO here and in LEGO world EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!! So, as I’ve said before, I am not opposed to people bringing MOCs or things outside of the standard “town/city” theme. Also, as we have in previous years, we can plan on transferring many displays from Greenberg to the museum for this display.

Tim

we can plan on transferring many displays from Greenberg to the museum for this display.

Christmas in Space! Love it.

Nikhil Arni
    Participant

Hi,
    Where is the location ?

Laura
    Participant

Pennsylvania Trolley Museum in Washington PA.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I literally just finished making a fireplace with animated fire. I need to figure out how to incorporate it into a build now, but I’d like to get it into the Christmas display. I might just turn into a community fire pit or something.

Will McDine
    Participant

I don’t know who would be able to take them but I sent 3 firetrucks, an Ambulance, and my black Emerald Night train to Greenberg with @randomdan. If someone wants to pick them up and take them to Winter Trolley feel free, just let me know who has them so I can keep track and know who I have to talk to about getting them back at some point.

Pete
    Participant

17th and 18th are a sunday and monday. Do you mean the 23rd and 24th.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Pete.
    Skipper Mike
    Participant

What he said.

Josh
    Keymaster

What he said.

How’d set up go?

Laura
    Participant

Yes, sorry Josh, I meant to change that to Saturday the 23rd and Sunday the 24th starting at 11am. I’m also available Wednesday the 27th, if that works better for anyone else. I will have a layout posted tomorrow.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

My fire pit is a half plate and we could be sure to bring the table with the hole cut in it to allow the mechanism to sit underneath

Phil Breneman
    Participant

I will be there Saturday at around 11 or so to get things started. I can bring LUG stuff, a dino museum, and 9V track and should be able to stay for a while to help set up.

Tim

I will defer to either Wednesday or Friday morning (November 29). @laura, do you have a draft layout?

Laura
    Participant

Here’s the Layout, I’ll see those of you amazing people that put up with me tomorrow!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Skipper Mike
    Participant

I’ll be there tomorrow.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

My car is loaded up from Cranberry First Night and I hope to bring my things the Trolley Museum this afternoon. 🙂

Tim

@laura, I have 2 32×32 baseplates to go somewhere (my Grimmauld Place row houses). I also have Bob’s HP sculptures which would also take up 2 32×32 area approximately. I’m planning on coming down late Wednesday afternoon. What would be a good time to be there?

Laura
    Participant

Tim, I set aside spaces for your stuff and Bob’s. When do you think you’ll be available today? You can text me when your on your way if you need to. Thank you!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Does someone have photos of the final display for Santa / Winter Trolley 2019? Also, what is the date for disassembly?

Josh
    Keymaster

I’m not going to be able to make tear down this year. I’m taking the girls to a Christmas concert at our church at 5. Can I come get things another day?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m not going to be able to make tear down this year. I’m taking the girls to a Christmas concert at our church at 5. Can I come get things another day?

When IS the tear down? Is it Sunday? what time?

Bob Grier
    Participant

When IS the tear down? Is it Sunday? what time?

@greg
    , it’s this Sunday 12/15 from 5-7 pm.

I’m planning to go down for the afternoon shift, take pictures for the Gallery, and stay for tear down. If you’re tied up and need me to bring your stuff north, I can do that as long as it isn’t too much to fit in my car!! Just let me know.

@timf
    , I’d be happy to return the favor and bring your stuff north too (it’s just Grimmauld Place, right?). Let me know as well.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I don’t think I’m going to make it back on Sunday, can someone grab the fire pit for me? I’m not in a hurry to get it back.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

as long as it isn’t too much to fit in my car!!

When we pulled up for setup with our car fully loaded, Pete said, “good, the display has arrived!”

I was fully expecting to retrieve everything either alone but @rcgrier3406, if you think we can get your stuff in your truck and still have space equivalent to the back of my hatchback, I could go with you. 🙂

Bob Grier
    Participant

I don’t think I’m going to make it back on Sunday, can someone grab the fire pit for me? I’m not in a hurry to get it back.

@skippermike
    , how big is it? Greg and I are going down together, and we’ll have both his and my stuff in my Outback. If we can fit it we’ll bring it back north with us.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar