2023 Fall Display Patrolley

Home Forums LUG discussions 2023 Fall Display Patrolley

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

So after finally having a discussion with the museum staff I have figured out what the plan is for the fall display. We’ve been invited to display again this year at pumpkin trolley and Trick or Trolley. We are going to be in the events room and set up will be the evening of Thursday, October 19th. The display will be set up two weekends (October 20-22 and 27-29) with teardown being after hours on Sunday the 29th. As with years past this will be a “Fall” themed display. I will have a Google sheets sign up link!

Tom Frost
    Participant

I am planning to expand the pumpkin patch from last year to be 4 32x32s and I will be adding a corn maze that is also 4 32x32s. I still have the few spooky things too. Pictures to come. Thursday set up? You’re killing me.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I’ll bring the haunted house, of course.

Tim

Thursday set up?

@laura I presume the event room will be open that evening for set up, yes?

Laura
    Participant

Thursday night setup is adjustable. If it doesn’t work for everyone we can do it on Friday instead. And as to Tim’s question, yes the events room will be open.

Tim Brown
    Participant

I’ll be sending the Articulating Snake and the just completed Black Widow Spider down for this.

Josh
    Keymaster

Don’t forget about these Ispy signs and our ability to edit the list on the fly!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kerri Acierno
    Participant

I will send a two base plate farm. I can help set up on Friday but not Thursday.

Tim Brown
    Participant

I don’t think I’m going to be able to make it to set up. Is there someone in the North heading down for this that I could link up with to hand off my two easy to set up builds (Spider and Snake)? Would have to be sometime next week as I have in-laws coming tomorrow.

Josh
    Keymaster

Is there a plan to get tables and such from HQ or do I need to arrange it?

Laura
    Participant

I am throwing the layout together at the last minute, it’s been a rough few weeks. If Friday evening would work better for set up we can swap to that. Please let me know asap if that’s what you want to do. As for tables @joshhall yes we will need to arrange something, I can possibly come pick them up with my mom’s van at some point this week.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

If Friday evening would work better for set up we can swap to that.

Friday is about the same for me. I’m good either way.

Kerri Acierno
    Participant

I can’t do Thursday but could do Friday

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Do we have a decision on setup Thursday or Friday? Also, is there a doodle for staffing?

Tim

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to participate in Pumpkin Trolley this year (either for display or staffing). I am looking forward to Santa Trolley and the new building!

Laura
    Participant

I think we’re going to push setup to Friday as I still need to get the tables from Josh and it will be easier for more people (including myself)

Kerri Acierno
    Participant

Tim I could take your stuff Friday if you could get it to me tomorrow. Sorry for short notice

ak41984
    Participant

Do we have a doodle / staffing sheet? How much table space do we have? I would like to come Sunday morning for half the day can bring my stuff wanted
    To bring hocus pocus and a few other things. leave it for the balance
    But does it have to be there during setup on Friday ?

ak41984
    Participant

I needed these for brick fest! I have about 22 pumpkins on my display. No one noticed the Concorde had 4 pumpkins
    As
    Engine exhaust!!!

Tim

Tim I could take your stuff Friday if you could get it to me tomorrow. Sorry for short notice

@kacierno thank you for the offer but I don’t have anything prepared to display for this. But I do need to start working on the Christmas display. 🙂

Laura
    Participant

Here’s the area I was thinking for the display, 9 tables with 3 extensions. HERE IS the link for the sign up sheet

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Laura.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

Would anyone else be interested it pitching in and ordering pizza tomorrow night for setup?

Kerri Acierno
    Participant

What time is setup tomorrow? Also, the link to sign up seems to be a read only file?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Here’s the area I was thinking for the display, 9 tables with 3 extensions.

I didn’t know we had extensions like that. What are they like and where’d they come from? Are there pics? Using my expert diagram-reading skills, it’s clear that they are approximately 40″ x 10″. The usefulness of such extensions would clearly go way beyond this particular event.

Laura
    Participant

@kacierno I fixed the link, it should work now.

@tfdesigns
    I’d go for some pizza

@bengood921
    the extensions are 10”x40” pieces to add 1 more baseplate width to the back of a table, I think I’ve made 4 so far. They’ve been at Josh’s and yes, They do come in very handy!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar