2024 Community Event – Penn Hills Library

Home Forums LUG discussions 2024 Community Event – Penn Hills Library

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marcella Spear
    Participant

As discussed as Q4, LEGO is looking for us as a LAN to host our own events. I talked to Tisa at the Penn Hills Library and we could have access to the larger event room at the library (for free) and they would help us market (as long as the event is free to the public).

I wanted to let everyone know it was a possibility and maybe we could discuss at Q1, possible ideas for an event.

Thanks,

Krista K

Open to this, for sure! When we used Shaler Library, we “technically” had an open event for our meeting since anyone interested in the LUG could attend and I believe they promoted it as well. Definitely worth brainstorming. 🙂

Krista K

So something occurred to me. At the last meeting, @kyle2022 had mentioned about doing multi-session learn from a LUG member. This might be a great opportunity to have an event open to the public where we could do multiple sessions at once. I’d be willing to highlight some Studio or whatever it is that I do.

Perhaps @mitchsbricks could do the photography session again too.

Just thinking if we did 2-3 sessions that might be something of interest.

Kyle2022
    Participant

I would be up to do stickers again for that. I would need some equipment for it and that would depend on when? I could also do a class on Brick Cleaning and Maintenance which I am current working on for a live stream this weekend.

Dan
    Participant

I like the idea of a workshop style public event! Maybe Logan would be interested in showing some Lego stop motion techniques as well? Lots to discuss at Q1

Pamela S
    Participant

I like it! I also think it might be cool to do a in-person build n chill there at some point. Maybe not on same day or maybe on same day… don’t know. Just think it would be fun to do an in person build n chill.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

That could be a great idea – set up several different tables with different topics. I just wonder how loud the room would get. Could we do a couple play tables as well.

If we were to do something – when would we want to look at doing it? Summer?

Krista K

Let’s talk more at Q1 and come up with a plan.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar