Avalon Library Star Wars Days

Home Forums LUG discussions Avalon Library Star Wars Days

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Chan
    Participant

Nick forgot to drop off his stuff with David last week. I’m going to try to drop them off tonight at the library either in their display case or in an office. Here’s what I’m bringing:
    -Millennium Falcon
    -Sandcrawler
    -Jango Slave One
    -Tie Fighter
    -AT-AT

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Thanks for covering for Nick, @acilsakura. Have you touched base with the library, or just planning to show up? Sara’s info is below if you want to touch base and see what works. I’m sure they could store stuff for a couple days though. If the case isn’t ready and you just drop it off, we can certainly set it up on Thursday!

412-761-2288 (Phone)
    mariachers@einetwork.net

Lisa Chan
    Participant

Yep, I called the library already. Will let you know if Nick’s stuff end up in one of their offices instead of the display case.

David Bacon
    Participant

Here is what I plan on bringing:

R2-D2 (UCS version)
    Rathtar
    Mini x-wing
    Mini TIE Fighter
    Mini Death Star
    A-wing (system scale) with Pilot
    Droid Tank with figures

@acilsakura
    , do you plan on bringing minifigures for those sets? I think it would look great for the Rathtars to be clutching the space pirates in our display.

Also, I think it would be cool if one of our shelves was for this Falcon and Rathtar display and covered with a Star Wars blanket of some sort and then revealed on the last week before they show Episode 7. It would be a good way for people to have interest in returning to the library that day.

If someone can manage it, I think we should have one of the brick built QR code displays, but I do not have time myself to run to @JoshHall’s to pick it up.

David Bacon
    Participant

– David’s UCS TIE Interceptor, the UCS R2-D2, and the Ewok village (all should fit)

The UCS stuff & Ewok Village will take up a good bit of space.

Yea, I didn’t get around to building all of this before I had to leave for a business trip. I wish I had a surrogate robot that I could build Lego at home through while I am away on business.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I wish I had a surrogate robot that I could build Lego at home through while I am away on business.

Wait a minute. Strike that… reverse it.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

We should be able to get there some time between 5:30 and 6:00

Lisa Chan
    Participant

Sorry I didn’t drop off any minifigs. Nick’s sets are in their back office since they still had stuff in their display case. Sara will know where the 2 boxes are.

Sorry I can’t make it this thursday to help….

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

It’ll be fine, Lisa. Thanks for the update. If I have time to dig for SW minifigs tonight, I will, but they’re mixed in random bins at the moment from when I cleaned all my pre-Dark Ages collection… a daunting task, to be sure!

I just heard back from Sara and she said showing up at or after 5 is fine. I’m gonna try for as close to 5 as possible, like I said, but we’ll see if I can actually sneak out of work at 4:30 or not.

If someone can manage it, I think we should have one of the brick built QR code displays, but I do not have time myself to run to @JoshHall‘s to pick it up.

I might see @JoshHall this weekend. Maybe he can bring it then, and I can stop by the library again next week to put it in. OR, maybe @greg can provide the pattern and one of us can build another one tonight?!?

Also, I think it would be cool if one of our shelves was for this Falcon and Rathtar display and covered with a Star Wars blanket of some sort and then revealed on the last week before they show Episode 7. It would be a good way for people to have interest in returning to the library that day.

Do you have a Star Wars blanket, @bacon1986? 😉

I do like the mystery / intrigue / “come back to see the BIG REVEAL” idea, though!

David Bacon
    Participant

See images below for the soon to be revealed to the public Rathtar / Millennium Falcon display.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

The rathtar looks great! I wouldn’t have even known where to start.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

With mine I just started with the mouth, and built out from there

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

With mine I just started with the mouth, and built out from there

Most important feature… makes sense. I’m proud of you for rising to my challenge, Micah! (also David…although I didn’t specifically challenge you. 😉 )

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Oh yeah, pix!

Attachments:
    David Bacon
    Participant

Here are a few more pictures. The box is covering the Rathtar display and will be revealed on the last weekend.

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

PICS!

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

The box is covering the Rathtar display and will be revealed on the last weekend.

Aww, man! I was gonna make a Seven reference and be all “What’s in the box??? What’s in the boooox?!?!?!?” But you went and told everyone!

I did ask Sara to send a pic after she makes a sign to put on the box teasing the “big reveal”.

And it should be noted for the record that @rbeideman voiced a dissenting opinion on hiding the coolest part of our display (and the only MOC!) for most of the duration of the display… I respect his opinion, and a formal vote was not held, but the majority apparently went with the suspense option.

Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

I’m with Rick…but I’m just background noise in this thread.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’m with Rick…but I’m just background noise in this thread.

Mutiny!

But seriously, Bacon’s a reasonable guy. And we have plenty of time to remove the box. Just make a solid logical argument, and I’m sure he’ll come around.

David Bacon
    Participant

If I was just hiding Micah’s Rathtar and it seemed like I was hiding his work but not mine, I would gladly remove the box, but I am also hiding my Rathtar so… However I do see Rick and Micah’s points. Maybe this can be a trial run of the whole reveal idea and I can ask Sara if it helped or hurt our display in the end.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’m purposely not making a firm stand. I like the idea in general to have a teaser or “come back for more!” or “check out the other branches where we have MORE displays!” (like my big dreams for the summer reading scavenger hunt). But it’s kind of silly in a way to have a display up for a month, and only have a couple days where the coolest part is visible. I see both sides.

Test run works for me.

David Bacon
    Participant

Here’s the reveal of the Episode VII diorama.

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Here’s the reveal of the Episode VII diorama.

As a minority, I’m offended by your righty-centric display. :/

Tim

I’m offended by your righty-centric display. :/

BB-8 is left-handed. Plus the dude on the right getting eaten may be lefthanded; hard to tell as he has no blaster.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

So, should we maybe set a date for when to take down the display?

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar