Blogged

Home Forums MOCs Blogged

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

Will’s article in the Trib came out: https://triblive.com/local/south-hills/emergency-dispatcher-crafts-lego-set-honoring-first-responder-tv-show/

Here’s the link to his project: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/7961985c-e663-49e2-af0f-8fd6d26d290f

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Krista K.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

I hate to beat a dead horse (like @philmatt24 ‘s curved tunnel), but here are a few more Febrovery blog posts this time from The Lego Car Blog.

Feb 9-

Space Karts

Feb 22-

Moon Muscle

Feb 26-

Clearly Roving

Mar 1-

Ukrovery

Tom Frost
    Participant

I hate to beat a dead horse (like @philmatt24 ‘s curved tunnel), but here are a few more Febrovery blog posts this time from The Lego Car Blog.

Feb 9-

Space Karts

Sorry, the site will only let me post one link per post, so here come four consecutive posts…

Tom Frost
    Participant

Feb 22-

Moon Muscle

Tom Frost
    Participant

Feb 26-

Clearly Roving

Tom Frost
    Participant

Mar 1-

Ukrovery

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Those are some impressive vehicles! Even without the monster wheels, that muscle car body looks incredible. and cupcakes for tires, LOL, nothing round is safe from becoming a Frost rover wheel!

I can’t even comprehend how many years it would have taken me to complete one, not to mention 28 rover! Holy Graf Zeppelin, Batman!

I’m looking forward to a rover-kleenex box, powered by a planetary geothermal geyser. 🙂

Tom Frost
    Participant

cupcakes for tires, LOL,

Thanks, @greg but the cupcake-wheeled rover isn’t one of mine. That post was a bit of a round-up (the third one down was mine) although I was kicking myself that I never got those cupcake parts because the thought had occurred to me.

As far as the tissue box rover…I naturally had that idea, but thought it would be too obvious of a direction for me to go, so I did something else.

I will bring a couple rovers to Josh’s today.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I didn’t know The Lego Car Blog was even a thing.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

More glory to the LUG:

Massive brick with a sick secret!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

From BrickWorld Chicago 2022. It’s a really cool build, and I was impressed by their decision to make a modular collab based on pizza-slice shaped sections.

Notes about this one as I watch:

– There’s a lackey sighting at the 3:44 mark.

– Hanlon queues up Micah’s appearance shortly after the 4:50 mark. (Yes, it made me el-oh-el.)

– I had assumed that the big inverted tires were Micah’s, and so I was surprised when at the 8-minute mark Spencer announces that he built them, although he does say he got the idea because it’s one of Micah’s favorite techniques.

– In one of the LUGBulks, Dan @randomdan proposed the large LBG grate piece that only comes in the v2 UCS Millennium Falcon (I can’t remember if it was 2021 and it was on the list, or it was 2022 and then it was removed before the list was finalized). Around the 10:45, Danny – who gets props for being a confident speaker – mentions that he uses the parts in his section of the build, and that he has them because they LUGBulked them. Something something great minds think alike. Danny also points out the motorized windmill, which isn’t running, which is important because…

– At the 11:50 mark, a different guy points out the motorized windmill, it’s like they’re both taking credit for building it. I’m not sure what’s going on there.

– Around the 14:15 mark, they talk about a technique for recessing the tiles on the castle wall, it’s a neat effect, I’d never seen it done before, and I didn’t notice it when I saw the build in person.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Okay, so I don’t know that this really counts as being ‘blogged’, and it’s an old article, but I didn’t know about it until now, when I happened across it while I was looking for more information on Bricks Cascade 2023. A contributor to brickset.com posted an article on her experience at the 2020 event, including a lot of photos, one of which is of my Space Plants build that I took to the event. So it’s a small thing, but it’s a first for me, since GBC modules are rarely photographed, and my previous non-GBC convention builds were not substantial enough to get people’s attention. Also, @joshhall will be glad to see that LUGDoug made the cut also.

https://brickset.com/article/49324/report-bricks-cascade-2020

Benjamin C Good
    Participant
    Tim

Gourds Galore!

I’m guessing TBB keeps a close eye on Tom’s flick feed for new MOCs.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

All hail our baby overlords! (but which side?!?)

I have beef with the statement “The Scala baby is not a particularly disturbing piece per se” in the article. Clearly, they haven’t seen what @hacim has done with Scala babies in the past… o_O

Micah Beideman
    Participant

whoever wrote that blog post needs to do their research. Those children aren’t from Scala, they’re way too big for that. They are Lego Education Duplo Dolls. And they’re actually from as recent as 2008, vs. Scala which is 10 years older.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

oh no

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I knew this one was coming:

We give thanks for this galactic gobbler.

Tom Frost
    Participant

FebRovery has begun…

R is For…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> FebRovery has begun…

Well that certainly didn’t take long. I had assumed coming into this month that TBB will cover you 3-4 times, based on recent years. From what I’ve seen though, if they have a glut of good entries, they’ll save some for a slow news day, because I’ve seen them blog stuff that had come through on my Flickr stream weeks earlier. Sometimes they do post right away though.

Tim

Excellent start @tfdesigns! Looking forward to what this alphabet soup will yield.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant
    Tim

They didn’t wait too long

Right on time! 😀

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 205 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar