Blogged

Home Forums MOCs Blogged

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant
    Krista K

Got the front page of Trib’s North Hills Journal.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Got the front page of Trib’s North Hills Journal.

@bengood921 and @tfdesigns front and center! Great pics!

Josh
    Keymaster

Woah woah woah, let’s be careful where we put this…not everyone is getting a cup credit for that:)

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

At FXBG23, a 10-year-old who was there with his dad, who was the cameraman, asked me if he could interview me about my build for his YouTube channel, and I said yes. The dad told me they were looking for a 2-3 minute video, so I tried to keep my answers short (the actual video length is 4:18).

I subscribed to Viktor’s channel but haven’t had a chance to watch anything yet, he’s been posting videos for several years. The first FXBG23 video went up yesterday evening and the interview with me went up earlier tonight. I haven’t watched it yet. Part of it is that I just got back to my house earlier this evening and have been busy unloading and unpacking. But part of it is I have a weird paradox where I am very comfortable with public speaking, but I find listening to my own voice and seeing myself on video be agonizingly painful (I know a lot of people don’t like the sound of their own voice on recordings, but I’m pretty sure it’s extra bad for me). So I’m hoping somebody else will watch it and let me know if it’s any good. My mom said it’s great, but given her current status as my mom, she may not be an objective opinion.

Mitch
    Participant

Ben I think it’s a great Video! They did a good job of actually showing the build, especially when you were talking About different parts that you liked and the techniques you used.

And your answers were great considering the questions asked! I enjoyed watching

Tim

That was a great interview, @bengood921. The video really did a good job showing all the detail you put into it.

Also, the exhibit hall looks really nice. Like a slightly smaller Dulles Expo Center.

Finally, way to rock the Steel City LUG t-shirt. I really like that color.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Thanks guys, that’s very nice of you. I still haven’t sat down and watched the whole thing in full. I watched once last week with no sound. This past weekend I was in Lancaster for my nephew’s birthday, and I made the mistake of mentioning the video to my sister-in-law, who promptly brought it up on her phone and watched it on the spot. So I at least heard it.

I talked too fast (and sometimes my voice unnecessarily goes up in pitch towards the ends of sentences). It’s common in BTB videos and I usually interpret it as a sign of nervousness, but in this case I’m pretty sure it was a result of the dad telling me they wanted a short video. So I sound nervous, even though I wasn’t. I’ll do better in the next one.

>> Finally, way to rock the Steel City LUG t-shirt. I really like that color.

Thanks, if there’s one thing I learned from the first round of t-shirts back in 2014, it’s that yellow is not the way to go. On this trip I had four days of public hours and only three t-shirts with the current logo, so I took my old yellow shirt along (after I couldn’t find my old dark blue shirt, which may have been thrown away after getting damaged), but when it came down to it, I opted to do laundry at my mom’s house after Brick Convention ended, rather than wear the yellow shirt at FXBG. I should probably just throw that one away, but it might be worth a million dollars on eBay someday.

Krista K
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

@rcgrier3406 and I are popular! https://triblive.com/local/monroeville/brick-fest-live-returns-to-monroeville-this-fall/

When you go to the site for tickets, i t doesn’t say “Pittsburgh”, it says MONROEVILLE, PA, Monroeville Convention Center. OCT 7-8, 2023

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I got interviewed on Mysterious Planet again at BrickFair NoVA. The channel name is Brick Jawns, which I hadn’t heard of before. The dad interviewed me and the son, who I’m guessing was in the 12-14 range, operated the camera.

The experience was a little unusual. When Viktor and his dad did their video with me at FXBG, the first thing they asked was “Can we interview you for YouTube?” With Jawn Bricks, the dad talked to me and asked questions like any other member of the public, and then said “Can we shoot a video?” I wasn’t sure what to expect – I was thinking they were just gonna shoot video instead of taking pics, or maybe he would provide his own commentary – and so I was caught a bit off guard when a mic appeared and he started asking me questions. It was the same stuff I’d been addressing for the past three events at that point, though, so I didn’t have any trouble answering. He was friendly and well-spoken and interested, but I’m not sure he ever told me his name, he definitely never introduced his son, who did not speak the entire time, and he was already walking away when I asked where the video would be posted and he said “Oh right, I forgot to give you a card”, which he then gave me.

I didn’t get my own video, I’m part of a larger thirteen-minute video about the whole event, which is fine. I haven’t watched it yet, I only found where I appear – from roughly 4:10 to 5:00 – and watched it without sound. The camera spends more time than I’d like on me instead of on the build, but they did edit in some relevant inserts, which I like. I plan to watch the whole thing soon, except the part that I’m in, since I still find listening to my own voice in recordings to be painful, and apparently that’s not going to go away. So people will have to let me know how it went.

Tim

Ben, your interview is great. I did also enjoy the several inserts (like the clip from the movie with the Party Bus). Right after you is the interview with Sherry Harris who did the Marine Corp emblem mosaic.

Krista K
    Tim

“legos” arrrggghh! But seriously, nice article and great display. 🙂

Mike Bez
    Participant

Came across this while looking for something: https://triblive.com/community/shaler/new-lego-display-at-shaler-library-/db0c7a66-8b5c-4b2d-9cc3-6c2e35fa3f63/

Nice job @cybladez101!

Wow, so I had no idea that they made an article about this! Thanks, @knb112! How did you even find this? Wish they would have let me know about it!

“legos” arrrggghh!

Exact same thought, lol!

Krista K

How did you even find this?

I was searching for the Brick Fest article and it came up. Happy to share. 😊

Will McDine
    Participant

Apparently I never shared this. Broughton VFD (South Park Twp. @legoman270’s fire department) shared my ladder truck on their Facebook page. Doesn’t mention me by name but they tagged the LUG!

Attachments:
    Jason Middaugh
    Participant

So a few weeks ago, I received a call from Cleveland… ignore. However, they left a message, and it was the Greater Cleveland Film Commission who wanted to talk to me about displaying for their 40th anniversary of A Christmas Story event which was this past weekend. It was pretty crazy but we got to meet all of the cast and even gave each of them a little LEGO gift (check out Ralphie with his!) Anyway, I was interviewed by Cleveland Beat (9:45 into the video)… quality is not great, but right after me is Schwartz from the movie (RD Robb) who was set up next to us. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gEFbeHiEg6k

Attachments:
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant
    Bob Grier
    Participant

Hey, @tfdesigns, @joshhall and the LUG got some press in the Winter 2023 edition of the Carnegie magazine for Warhol inspired Campbell’s Soup Can that’s currently on display at the Science Center!!!

Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

lol, we tried to correct his use of LEGO multiple times…and he said he’d send us a copy…that was back in September. Thanks for sending along, Bob!

Tim

“…a club of more than 700 adult Lego builders…”. Have we grown that much?!? 😀

Josh
    Keymaster

“…a club of more than 700 adult Lego builders…”. Have we grown that much?!? 😀

I’ve always stated that number based on how many registered users we have on the site. In my mind, they’re all members. if you took the time to sign up, it means something.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Jan Knudson posted on Instagram when he received advanced copies of BrickJournal #83 featuring his Baby Space builds. I noticed the cover indicated that there were articles on Nnovvember, Shiptember and FebRovery and wondered if any of my builds were featured. I grabbed a copy at Barnes&Nobles, flipped through and sure enough there were five of my rovers! Turns out the FebRovery article is the excellent piece written by Andreas Lenander originally for BrickNerd. What a nice surprise!

Incedentally, @whitesidewjw also has a rover in this article.

Brick Journal 83

Also, when I signed into flickr on Jonah’s account to post one of his MOCs, there was a flickermail from Joe Meno. Apparently he wanted to feature one of Jonah’s vic vipers in this Nnovember article, but by the time we had seen the message it was already too late. Guess that teaches me a lesson about being too sporadic with posts.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Tom Frost.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Tom Frost.
Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 205 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar