Bricklink terms of service

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Bricklink terms of service

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

LEGO now owns bricklink and it is no surprise that they revised the terms of service. What I was afraid of has come tree – the new terms of service indicate they are going to start charging sales tax. 🙁 First S@H fell, then Amazon, then eBay and no the final bastion of tax-free shopping is gone. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

The ToS say a lot of other stuff and I am no fan of reading legal jargon, (I clicked that I understood and agreed anyway,) but maybe Tim can digest the important features for us. However, I understood it to say that you CANNOT sell chromed parts, but you CAN sell your own fan magazine, stickers and MOC instructions. Hmm.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Boo no chromed parts!

Dan
    Participant

Has anyone tried good BL alternatives?

Bob Grier
    Participant

I’ve used Brickowl for years and have been happy with it. Fewer stores (and parts) than Bricklink, but still plenty to pick from. For most things prices are comparable, but for larger quantity buys I’ve always found better pricing on Bricklink. Same for obscure parts. I just placed an order last week, and so far no sales tax is being charged.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar