BrickUniverse Harrisburg Oct 07-08, 2023

Home Forums All Things LEGO! BrickUniverse Harrisburg Oct 07-08, 2023

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kyle2022
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to start this thread to see if anyone would or have any interested in showing at BrickUniverse in October. It is the same weekend as BrickFest and I do not expect to see all that much interest with the big event happening in Monroeville. However, I wanted to see if those who would be interested in attending before I sent in for table requests. (Meaning if it is just going to be me or if we can Try to make this a Dual LUG event weekend.)

Kevin
    Participant

The show producers are looking forward to hearing from you.

Kyle2022
    Participant

Awesome thank you

Will McDine
    Participant

Don’t know if I can commit to this one. If the group is sending some people over I can send some small things with someone. But I dont know I can 1. Get the time off like originally planned, 2. If I will be able to convince Alexis to spring for hotel rooms in addition to all the traveling we have planned. Following with intent to at least send a few builds.

Dan
    Participant

I’ll subscribe to this thread for now. May be able to send things, not sure if we’ll be able to do Harrisburg or Monroeville.

Kevin
    Participant

To be bluntly honest, I don’t think this is a “send random stuff over” kind of thing. This group is very big on the builder being present to talk about their work. The producers were very interested in the Kyle and Lia have similar builds/interests, know of each other, but have never actually met in-person thing.

Kyle2022
    Participant

Kevin is correct about this I am hoping to find group members that can commit and be present with their builds again I know will be more difficult because of the added hotel cost with this trip vs stay home and drive to the event which is more convenient for most.

For the set up I am planning and currently working on I personally will not have any extra space to take others builds.

I did do some price gathering for Hotel on Priceline.com as of right now you can get hotels booked for as cheap as $46-$80 a night within the Harrisburg area and that are at least 15-20 min away from the Carlisle Expo Center which this is being held.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I had not noticed that it’s actually in Carlisle. If I’m commuting from Lancaster, it’s on the wrong side of Harrisburg. I just checked with Google maps and it’s too far. I’m definitely out for this one.

Will McDine
    Participant

To be bluntly honest, I don’t think this is a “send random stuff over” kind of thing. This group is very big on the builder being present to talk about their work.

I get that, And if that’s the case then I am Out. I understand being limited on space and thus not going to have room to take other builders stuff. Can not and would never fault anyone for that. I just cant justify spending additional money plus 6 or more driving hours for a show when there is a similar one happening locally.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar