Cargo Cubes

Home Forums LUG discussions Cargo Cubes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Interstellar Industries in conjunction with Zaximillian Aerospace and Montronics Corp. has just finalized specifications for the new Standard Cargo Cube! This cube is intended for use by all factions across all themes providing a standard for interoperability between space, town, and everything else!

Rich and I have been working on a standardized design for a cargo container to allow our space builds, monorail, trains, and town to work together. We’re proposing an 8x8x6 2/3 cube using Travis bricks in each corner one plate from the top and bottom (see pics). We also developed an H-bar system to clamp the cubes together (for cargo ships, both terrestrial and spacefaring). 2×2 plates on the top of the cube and 2×2 plates on the bottom allow for pineapples (1×1 rounds in light bley) to be inserted (one per corner) to separate the cubes vertically.

The footprint can be easily expanded into sizes such as 8×17 and 8×26. Note that the size is expanded by 9 bricks each time to maintain consistency with the base cube + H-bar (see the pics).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

Additional H-bar detail

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Nice.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I wanna see one completed.

Dan
    Participant

Check my Facebook for an older iteration (not using Travis bricks). Simple build is 1x2x3 panels on three sides and a bit of fanciness for the door (I used a finger hinge/car roof to get a nice opening roof/wall)

Dan
    Participant

Honestly I’d be interested in seeing if you’re able to build one with just the spec…

Dan
    Participant

Anyone gonna build some to mess with at the Q4 meeting?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I dunno if I have the parts / time, but we’ll see.

Dan
    Participant

@laura this is also something you may want to think about

Whiteside
    Participant

Mtron Storage Container by whitesidewjw[/url], on Flickr

Something I’ve been working on. I like what I see so far of your design!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar