Christmas Wreath

Home Forums MOCs Christmas Wreath

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

So I had craft for Zander’s Christmas party and after many failed crafts I was fiddling around with those olive green wedges that were on the wall and came up with a wreath project. I wanted to share it with all of you as well! Merry Christmas and see you in the new year!

P.S. – I did the instructions aren’t super polished, but you’ll get the idea.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

looks great! New technique to me!

John S
    Participant

Nice. Thanks for sharing!

Tom Frost
    Participant

Very cool!

Krista K

Thanks all! The kids had fun making and decorating them with parts of their choosing. It looks great on the tree. 🙂

Dan
    Participant

Looks cool! I like the stars on the chain.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Mike Bez
    Participant

Very nice! 😁

Renée
    Participant

Awesome design! And I really like the background you dropped into the instructions, I didn’t realize that could be done.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Initially, I was impressed by your ability to come up with a successful build using a part off the wall that I had immediately dismissed as NUNB (not useful, not buying). But I quickly became more interested in the success of the instructions.

I had not noticed the background, although it is nice. What really got my attention is the transition from step 5 to step 6, where the parts are bent from a straight-line assembly to the final curve of the wreath. I’m not sure I know how to do that (if we covered it in class, I don’t remember it). When I make instructions (which admittedly is almost never, but Rachel has had me make her some for some very small builds), the parts show up in the steps as they are arranged in the model view. So I don’t know how you adjust the parts for step 6 without having it also affect how the parts appear in step 5.

Krista K

What really got my attention is the transition from step 5 to step 6, where the parts are bent from a straight-line assembly to the final curve of the wreath.

So… This is a bit of being an overachiever. I actually made two Studio projects. One where I built it straight, and then one where I curved it. I exported images of the second one for the last few steps and then imported them into the first one to make the final instructions. Too much effort for a Pre-K project? Yes! Did I enjoy the challenge? You bet! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar