CONTEST: A Brick in the Life

Home Forums MOCs Build challenges! CONTEST: A Brick in the Life

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

From the LAN:

We’re happy to announce a new contest on LEGO Rebrick: A Brick in the Life! This contest presents a unique opportunity for fans of the Beatles to build their favorite Beatles song or moment using LEGO® bricks. As a prize, we are giving away the 21306 LEGO Ideas Yellow Submarine signed by the LEGO designer AND the fan designer, as well as an extensive collection of Beatles goodies, including vinyls, t-shirts, CDs, jackets, bags, and more!

This contest runs until 10:00 a.m. EST January 3rd, 2017. You can find out more information and enter at the link below:

http://Rebrick.it/LEGOIdeas

Please help tell your friends, music lovers and RLUG members!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Judging from the entries on there so far, I’m confident that at least 20 Steel City LUG members could knock this out of the park, should they be so inclined (just don’t do Abbey Road – there are already like 10 of those. 😉 )

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Pfft, I did Abbey Road back in 2008.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I did Abbey Road back in 2008.

Why is Paul barefoot?!?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Pfft, I did Abbey Road back in 2008.

Ugh, no striped crosswalk, even…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I didn’t give this much thought when I posted it, but apparently Josh is desperate for Newsletter photos, so here’s the background info on this pic, even though nobody asked:

I put very little effort into it. I’d gotten Market Place and Green Grocer for my bday that year and I had the idea for this photo right after they were built, which I considered easy to implement since it required just two pieces: the large dark bley tile for the crosswalk, and Bricklink #4697b. A Lego skeleton will not stand on its own like that, so Clarence is actually holding one of the T-pieces in his left hand to prop him up; almost all the setup time was spent on this part, it’s harder than it looks and I’ve actually never been able to replicate it as well as I did it here.

I was sufficiently happy with it that it was the background photo on my desktop for awhile. My only regret is that it did not occur to me at the time to make their feet positions match up with the original photo, in which Paul is famously out of sync with the rest of the band (there’s a lot of speculation on the meaning of this but I’ve always believed it’s because Paul is the only lefty in the group and naturally led with his left when they started walking).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar