Deadthreads

Home Forums Off Topic Deadthreads

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

It occurs to me that it could be fun to look back at old threads and find out who killed them (i.e. who made the last post…) We’d have to establish a time frame for what counts as dead (3 months with no posts? 6?) but it’d be a fun exercise in time wasting and trash talking.

I have a hunch I know who’d be in the top three threadkillers…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> I have a hunch I know who’d be in the top three threadkillers…

I’m curious as to who is on this list. But also, besides time frame, what’s the methodology for determining a thread was killed? A lot of them are for specific events, so once the event is over (and people have commented on how it went, posted pics, and gotten their cup credits), the thread just stops. I wouldn’t give anybody threadkiller points in those situations, just cause they happened to be the final poster in a thread that was expected to end then anyway.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Perhaps the proposal “that will never work” can kill an idea. But a topic can run its course and the last comments might be “thanks to everyone who helped” or “here are the cup credits.” Providing a final blessing for a thread should be distinguished from killing it.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Indeed, one-off or annual event threads aren’t really “killed” so much as just running their course.

I’ll probably never actually pursue this idea, but yeah, would have to figure out more specific criteria before doing it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar