[Deep Space Scanner]

Home Forums MOCs Build challenges! [Deep Space Scanner]

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Set 889 Radar Truck (instructions) is the closest official inspiration for this one!

Rules:
    1. 35 parts + 1 minifig (29 parts, as our inspiration sports, seems too limiting)
    2. Minifig accessories count against part count
    3. Must be able to call it a scanner with a straight face

Note: it doesn’t have to be a vehicle – many sets had cool scanners (dare I say Exploriens?), you do you!

Due: December 12

Prize: Ebullient acclamations

Tag anyone who might be interested!

@tfdesigns

@whitesidewjw

@zaximillian

@bengood921

@erunaamo

Dan
    Participant

I present the SCAN:TRON Model CS-DS1, a scanner/printer built specifically for deep space scanning operations. The hermetically sealed ScanDeck pointlessly protects documents from the void of space until the lid is opened.

23 pieces + fig (copies not included).

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Dan.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

Although incidents of copy errors have sparked calls for a manufacturer recall. The problem appears related to the coolant system not being rated for low- and no- atmosphere environments, an obvious problem for a product purporting to be deep space ready.

Attachments:
    Tom Frost
    Participant

I present the SCAN:TRON

They used to use these to check our tests in school, LOL

Dan
    Participant

Haha I thought a clunky scanner was a perfect tribute to those old multiple choice tests!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I notice that there’s no pics of the guy scanning his butt so he can prank the other space guys. I have some yellow 1×2 tiles I can lend you.

Dan
    Participant

Behold the Delta Diagnostics Rotalink Magnetic Imaging Scanner. The relatively compact size and minimal weight make it a perfect kit for medical teams serving deep space expeditions.

35 parts exactly!

The idea is the magnet under the examination table keeps the rotating one aligned around the head. It works as desired about half the time.

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

Some additional pics

Attachments:
    Whiteside
    Participant

Here is the M:Tron Magnetic Detector. 31 parts without the fig.

Mtron magnetic radar truck

SmallFrost
    Participant

Hi. Its me, Jonah! Here is my deep space scanner bot!

Deep Space Scanner Bot

SmallFrost
    Participant

35 parts exactly

Deep Space Scanner Bot parts

Dan
    Participant

@whitesidewjw nice monorail bogey usage! I’m loving the magnet haha.

@smallfrost
    I like the quadruped robot! Creative face piece selection!

Dan
    Participant

Here is the Reflectoscope: your everyday eye into the deep, dark, spacey sky!

35 parts including control panel tile.

Attachments:
    Tom Frost
    Participant

A Federation Search and Rescue Team operative (who looks suspiciously like @bengood921) receives a distress signal from deep space. It appears to be coming from AlpacaTron…

I used 35 parts exactly. This was much tougher for me than the skiff. My first draft was over by more than 20 parts. I will likely revisit this one in Febrovery without the astringent part limit.

Attachments:
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> (who looks suspiciously like @bengood921) receives a distress signal from deep space. It appears to be coming from AlpacaTron…

That made me el-oh-el and Rachel was also amused.

Unfortunately I’m not gonna be able to enter this one. If I get time down the road, I might still try to see what I can come up with. I enjoyed seeing everybody’s entries and maybe there will be a few more before the end of 12-12. I’m in suspense for the next competition.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Bonus post: I opened up Frost’s pic full-size on my laptop screen, and I said ‘He *does* look like me!’, which produced an incredulous laugh from Rachel. I said that I’m also assuming that if he takes his helmet off you can tell he hasn’t had a haircut since early August.

Dan
    Participant

I like the Search & Rescue vehicle! It’s always fun to see how people spice up radar dishes.

Too busy saving Alpacatron from the Coyotoids to enter, eh Ben? I think we can let it slide THIS time ?

Yeah I think a no-cap sensor dish build would yield some interesting results. Let’s keep that in mind for a future challenge.

Josh
    Keymaster

These are awesome!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar