GP35 Diesel

Home Forums MOCs GP35 Diesel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

So I got this up and running. Built 2 examples, one for a relative, one for me. This is the latter. Features a fully reinforced drivetrain (lessons learned from my earlier steam trains) and powered by the same Powered UP L Motor as the Crocodile. Works on standard Lego curves and switches. I designed the graphics and MillionPrints from Canada printed them on the tiles for me.

It’s not my first diesel (that would be the INL 1954 Lead-Lined Diesel) but it’s my first into conventional diesel locomotives.

I’ll be happy to bring it to CSC. It has a color sensor if anyone has pointers on programming.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

love the colors! those light gray are rare, but I prefer them so much over the standard black!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Awesome train! Do you design these in stud.io, build in all white first or just go straight to full color with parts? I’m wondering about your creative process.

I’m need to become proficient with stud.io, because I think it would be easier than trying to find all the physical parts. Stud.io is also easier for making changes … you don’t have to tear apart everything that is connected to the section you want to modify.

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Thanks. I design in studio and then do test builds, adapting details as necessary. Then I update the studio model into an “as-built” version as we call it in architorture.
    I go on to “dna” sequencing the final model parts/components in steps, and then layout the instructions according to my templates.

When I model in studio, I look at reference photos of the trains and I build with parts in the available colors. I don’t do all white models because I focus on using parts realistically available in a range of colors and reasonable cost for those parts in selected hues, even when doing the initial formwork and proportions. It may be easier to model in white to see the contours but then I get frustrated when a part isn’t available in other colors.

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Thanks. I agree they look better than just standard black wheel bogies. Only thing better would be if they came in that lacquer silver finish. LOL

Dan
    Participant

Beautiful!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar