Hello!

Home Forums Introductions Hello!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Keith
    Participant

Hello Everyone!

My name is Keith and I’m currently in year 3 of my return from the dark ages 😂. For Christmas in 2020, my son received his first LEGO set, which rekindled my love for the hobby.

Last Christmas, I put together some IKEA tables for my son to start a city. Well, the tables have multiplied and the city is growing. We’re working together as a family to build Modulars and other sets for the city. Additionally, we enjoy building sets of various themes, as well as MOC’s.

This year, my son started first grade and has really grown in his ability to put sets together himself and create MOC’s. After watching him grow, I had the idea to start a LEGO club at his elementary school in Penn Trafford. I’m sure some of you have already heard about this as I was the one looking for pick a brick cups (a BIG thank you to those that supported me with donations). After spending countless hours doing my own leg work, I have compiled a nice inventory for the club and am really looking forward to starting.

In the midst of preparing for that club, I was presented with an opportunity to start a club at my childhood church. This group will be open to the community and will be available K-5 and 6-12.

To say I have a lot going on is an understatement, but I’m truly looking forward to working with the kids and seeing all the creativity and joy. I also look forward to becoming active in the LUG community this coming year.

Thanks for taking the time to read my little story and I look forward to talking/meeting some of you in the future.

Happy New Year and Happy Building!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Welcome Keith! In the big picture, are you in the Monroeville / Murraysville area? There are a few LUG members who live out that way, as you can imagine, we are scattered among several western PA counties so it’s often nice to know who is near whom.

Keith
    Participant

I’m right in the middle of Murrysville, Monroeville, and North Huntingdon!

I figured there’d be at least a few close by!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Oh boy, sounds like we have our next @hacim or @smallfrost child prodigy on our hands… o_O

Welcome!

Keith
    Participant

@philmatt24 I’ve already been told he wants to be LEGO designer and YouTuber 🤣

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Well, Micah (and dad Rick @rbeideman) and Jonah (and dad @tfdesigns) are great role models for his LEGO ambitions.

Wellll…. idk if I’d recommend your son follow Micah’s youtube lead, lol. It’s mostly Baja Blast / Taco Bell challenges and such… but as far as building acumen, insta/flickr presence, making pals with lots of virtual and irl LUGs and AFOLs, Micah knows what’s up.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Welcome Keith. Did anybody tell you about International Lego Day at Ross Park Mall or the Q1 meeting currently being scheduled?

Keith
    Participant

Yes, we went last year and can’t wait to go this year. I will also hope to attend the Q1 meeting!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar