Hi everybody

Home Forums Introductions Hi everybody

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Hi, I’m Ben.  I just discovered this group so I signed up.  I met Greg S at Brickfair 2011 and Paul B at Brickfair 2012.  If I’ve met anybody else here I don’t remember your names, sorry.

I’m not sure what all this group does, so I’ll keep it short for now.  Thanks, Ben

Josh
    Keymaster

lol, sometimes, we’re not sure what we do either.  Well, maybe I should say, “yet”.

Feel free to test the line of what we do and don’t do.  To date (since august 2012) we’ve done sorting parties (with beer), meet ups, part swaps, big public displays at kidsfest and first robotics competition, group builds with the great wall of china and our dig into reading display, some general banter about LEGO, sets, parts, our mocs, etc on the forum, quarterly business meetings, sorting through a bunch of free stuff from LEGO…maybe I’m missing a few things too.

The question now is, what do YOU do?  🙂

Rich Millich
    Participant

Hear, hear. We’re all eager for new insight, new techniques, new MOCs, new fans! Welcome aboard, Mr. Good. Tell us more about yourself; we’re all interested in LEGO here.

It’s all about the brick,

– Richard

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

with beer

That, of course, is the critical element.

Welcome!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

hi everybody. it occurred to me that i never replied to these messages.

in response to what do i do: well, for starters, i do what i suspect everybody here does – i spend way too much money on legos and then build the sets and then take them apart. periodically i dump the pile and sort them by color and come up with grandiose plans for what i’m going to build with them some day.

of couse, some of you have actually built cool stuff. you can see my older crappy stuff on brickshelf (bengood921), but i haven’t built anything big and impressive yet. the bigger the lego collection gets, the more difficult it is to manage, so i have been hard at work sorting and organizing this summer, and i hope to have stuff built for conventions in 2014. as mentioned on another post, i am not bringing anything to brickfair 2013.

mostly i am a space guy, altho i buy all kinds of sets and i like stuff built by people in almost all genres. i have also considered building gbc modules. i’ve been to brickfair four times but no other conventions, the next closest is brickfete and it’s always during the annual family vacation. i went to pittsburgh kidsfest last december, where i spent most of my time building a ridiculous tower for the usa map.

i also have nephews n such who are into legos and that’s taken up a lot of my lego time, building with them and making lego stories.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar