LEGO Element Sorting as Content Management

Home Forums All Things LEGO! LEGO Element Sorting as Content Management

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nancy Flury Carlson
    Participant

Based on my recent adventures sorting LEGO elements for the LUG, I wrote a brief article for Sci-Tech News, a publication of the Science & Technology Division of the Special Libraries Association. The article is called “Sort This Pile: Content Management Lessons from the Toy Box.” The information profession can embrace LEGO play as a natural training ground for the concepts of content management and taxonomy. This article compares the similar challenges faced by LEGO enthusiasts and information professionals.
    (2013) “Full Issue, Vol. 67, issue 4,” Sci-Tech News: Vol. 67: Iss. 4, Article 13.
    Available at: http://jdc.jefferson.edu/scitechnews/vol67/iss4/13

David H Donley
    Participant

Very nice.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Great stuff, Nancy! Would be cool to talk a bit about your sorting / writing experience at the meeting next Saturday. (nudge, nudge, hint, hint…)

Nancy Flury Carlson
    Participant

Thank you Matt, but unfortunately I will be away the weekend of the meeting so I can’t make it. While I was researching for the article though, I felt like I wanted to write a book. The history of how AFOLs came together on the internet is fascinating. I will be happy to talk about it at a future meeting if there is interest.

Dan Paoly
    Participant

Great article, my sorting style was to just dump everything on the floor.

Dan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar