LEGO Masters US

Home Forums All Things LEGO! LEGO Masters US

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

my sister in florida sent me a text tonight that said “check your email.”

She got an email from a casting dude asking her to apply to be on the show. She had applied to be on a show called “making it” last year, and in her application, she mentioned that sometimes she made lego jewelry. We speculate that’s how they got her info. Validates ben’s remarks about them wanting women! some of you may remember she was featured as a member of the lug for edgewood when we did the In Community interviews a few years back.

I told her to go ahead and put me down as her teammate if she wants. I’m down for at least finding out if they’d actually pick us.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

In general, they’re not getting nearly as many applicants as they were hoping for, so I think they’re getting a little more desperate too 😛

Eli got this message from them xD

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

I thought I read somewhere the grand prize was $100,000. I can’t find that now. All I can see is “prize to be determined”

Josh
    Keymaster

The lug just got this email:

From: Natalie Boyadjian Boles [mailto:nataliebcasting@gmail.com]
    Sent: Monday, September 16, 2019 6:31 PM
    To: emails@steelcitylug.com
    Subject: FOX’s LEGO Masters Now Casting

Hello Steel City LUG!

My name is Natalie and I am a Casting Producer for the show “LEGO Masters” on FOX. We are looking for all levels of LEGO builders, especially amazing females in the community. Can you think of anyone who would be interested in participating?

I have attached out casting flyer that has a little bit more information about the show and the casting process. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like to find out more about the program.

Thank you so much for your time, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts soon.

Best,

Natalie Boles
    Casting Producer
    FOX’s LEGO Masters
    818-299-9480

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

<< I thought I read somewhere the grand prize was $100,000. I can’t find that now. All I can see is “prize to be determined”

I don’t know if that was ever publicly announced. When the casting people talked to us at BFVA, they told us about the $100K in person, saying that at that point it had not been publicly announced.

When me n Rachel were still talking about being on the show together, we did not give much consideration to it, since we didn’t expect to win.

Josh
    Keymaster

I see in Australia it was 100k. Judging by how much they’re spending trying to get women at this point, I wonder if that’s eating into prize money!

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

The show did end up reaching out to me and I went through the Skype process with the casting folks. Afterwards, they asked for me to send them a whole bunch of other stuff (videos, pics, etc.) I can confirm that it is up to a 7 week commitment in LA (if you make it that far). I think the application process is open for another couple of days, but with all of the amazing builders in the US, I am not holding my breath to actually get on the show… not to mention getting that amount of time off from work would involve pulling some serious strings. I believe that filming would start at the end of next month so I would think that they have to decide pretty soon. Has anyone else in the LUG put his/her hat into the ring at this point?

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar