Lego Photography

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Lego Photography

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Zack M
    Participant

How do I improve my photography of Lego? Does anybody know of any good resources online?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Zack

David Bacon
    Participant

There’s a good article on brickset about creating a light box. https://brickset.com/article/20303

Greg Schubert
    Participant

It could be due to limitations of the device that you are using. What specific problem with your photos have you identified?

Zack M
    Participant

The camera in my iPhone 10 works fine for my purposes. My issue is a lighting issue. I get too many shadows and glare from my current setup.

The article that David posted looks like it should help me out! A light box! cool.

Thanks!

Krista K

I’m going to bump this thread for all questions, tips, and tricks LEGO photography.

I picked up a light box today from 5 Below up in Cranberry for $3.50 (it was on clearance). Did a decent job too.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Renée
    Participant

Would love to see a picture of the lightbox you just found @knb112

Krista K

It has a built-in led light strip too. It needs a little tweaking, but it was an impulse buy. I’ll bring it with me on Saturday.

Attachments:
    Tim

Attachments:

“My cabbages!!!”

Mitch
    Participant

Krista, too get the most out of the whitebox you actually want to overexpose the image just enough for the whites to white out! see picture for what it looks like when exposed properly.

No editing should be needed to get this effect. Most cameras tend to not want to let you do this by default. Let me know if you have trouble or questions, let me know which camera you are using and we get those photos look pristine!

Attachments:
    Krista K

Thanks @mitchsbricks! Admittedly, I did it really fast with my phone just for proof of concept. 🙂

Dan
    Participant

Is there a setting to adjust in the Android camera app @mitchsbricks?

Mitch
    Participant

@randomdan I am not sure, I have never used it. But if I poked around for a few minutes on your phone I’m sure I could figure it out

@knb112
    That makes sense! looking forward to your photos in the future.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar