LUGbulk order distribution date

Home Forums LUG discussions LUGbulk order distribution date

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Do we need to try to coordinate a date to divide the LUGbulk loot order? We don’t know when the order is going to arrive, but perhaps we can anticipate or predict when it might be. I mention this because some people might need to know well in advance of the date to clear their schedule in order to attend. I already know I cannot be there on October 9-11, unless I am allowed to send a surrogate.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Josh
    Keymaster

Good call. Want to set a tentative Oct 17th?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I can work with the 17th, I think… we did say “THOU SHALT BE IN ATTENDANCE OR THOU SHALT NOT GET BRICKS”, right? Or was it “THOU SHALT BE IN ATTENDANCE OR THOU SHALT NOT COMPLAIN IF THOU ART SHORTED IN SOME WAY”…?

David Bacon
    Participant

I would really like to help sorting, but the weekend of the 17th would not work for me.

Pete
    Participant

The 17th sounds good to me.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Actually, it was “THOU SHALT NOT TAKE ANY LUGBULK BRICKS UNTIL ALL LUGBULK BRICKS HAVE BEEN SORTED, EACH MEMBER’S BRICKS HAVE BEEN PULLED, AND ALL TOTALS HAVE BEEN RATIFIED WITH THE ORIGINAL ORDER SPREADSHEET.”

Will McDine
    Participant

I would be there if I could. Unfortunately that is the October All day date for my EMT class.

Jeffrey
    Participant

17th doesn’t work for Duncan or Myself
    Will be in Texas
    Any other date?

Laura
    Participant

The 17 would be okay for me. I won’t be able to make the 10th, so please don’t change it! 🙂

Jeffrey
    Participant

Are we able to pick ours up at a different date then?

Laura
    Participant

So I lied. It occurred to me this morning I’m going to be in Ohio on the 17th. Oh well

Todd Brown
    Participant

The 17th is the only Saturday in October that will work for me. It looks like it is going to be hard to nail down a date that is open for everyone.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I can’t do the 17th :/ Like Laura, I too will be in Ohio.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The likelihood of everyone being able to attend the LUG distribution on the same day seems small. I know that “the foot has spoken,”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzHh4KBCUAAI3mo.jpg

about how LUGbulk distribution will be executed with everyone present. Is there a way that the order sorting can be started at another event that the LUG is planning to invest several hours in October?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Greg, it’s more that we are NOT allowing anyone to walk away with brick until the ENTIRE order has been sorted, counted, and ratified with the original order spreadsheet. Last year, certain people who shall remain nameless (*ahem* @iamrjthompson) 😉 took certain things (baseplates, I believe) that they thought they had ordered, but had actually ordered fewer than they took. Which meant other people didn’t get their baseplates, at least not right away, and that some of us had to work out logistics to get said baseplates back from the filthy thieves and to their rightful owners.

So nobody gets to take their bricks home until the majority (doesn’t have to be everyone who ordered) agrees that the counts are right. Capisce?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    RJ Thompson
    Participant

Not cool. Sorry to be an inconvenience. I won’t order again if it makes you all happy.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Not cool. Sorry to be an inconvenience. I won’t order again if it makes you all happy.

Hey, I used a winky face! That means it was a joke! We still love you, RJ! Sorry to use you as the example of what we goofed on last year. But we also want to get things right this time. It wasn’t just the baseplate miscount…

Last year, we were part of the PennLUG conglomerate, and we as a group were shorted on some parts, too, so when some folks took their 100 pcs of <Insert Element Here>, the folks who weren’t present ended up only getting 73 because we were missing 27. Or something like that. If that does happen again, it’d be more fair to share the shortages than to leave one person way short.

All we’re really saying is, we need to get our ducks in a row before they wander off. It’s been months since we ordered, so everyone probably is a bit fuzzy on the exact quantities they ordered – I know I am.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

All we’re really saying is, we need to get our ducks in a row before they wander off. It’s been months since we ordered, so everyone probably is a bit fuzzy on the exact quantities they ordered – I know I am.

Understood, but we can start counting things out in advance, right? My point is that it does not have to all be done at one time.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Understood, but we can start counting things out in advance, right? My point is that it does not have to all be done at one time.

We could, yes. But if you’re suggesting taking the stuff along to Maker Faire or Youngstown Library event or something, I’d just worry about logistics for carting the large LUGBulk order around… not saying it can’t happen, just that it might be a hassle.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

carting the large LUGBulk order around … might be a hassle.

Yes it would be risky to drag $4k of parts around. I guess we will need to do a preliminary sort with whomever is available. Btw, our original ship date is October 2.

Josh
    Keymaster

UPS called me today to schedule the delivery for tomorrow.

I’m not opposed to people coming over this weekend to get started. If we want to keep the 17th, that’s fine too.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

UPS called me today to schedule the delivery for tomorrow.

Bangarang.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m not opposed to people coming over this weekend to get started.

What day / time works best?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David H Donley
    Participant

I need all of my things!

Josh
    Keymaster

My house is an open house all weekend. I’m working 4p-midnight tomorrow, but since I work from home, anyone is welcome at any point. It’s just me in the house all weekend.

I had plans for going through the storage locker stuff with some members, but haven’t set anytime. I’ll let anyone hash out a group decision on best time, but default is whenever you want.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar