Matthew- New Member

Home Forums Introductions Matthew- New Member

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matthew
    Participant

Hey guys,

i saw you all at the monroville train show! I was asked to join and was interested in joining because of the benefits. You all seem very nice and respectful, some groups are not. I’m a big fan of LEGO and only use LEGO brand bricks. People that annoy me are the ones who insist on saying LEGOS when its truly just LEGO (like the word DEER).

I like to have lots of trains and that’s what got me into LEGO as a kid, i can proudly say i have all trains from 1991-2007. I’m working on getting a monorail and a full Modular block series.

My father sells model trains for a living and we have a line of LED’s that can be used for LEGO displays (if you accept using them) that i can get us as a group for a discounted rate. I also have some old gray with yellow and white line baseplates (set 454) that i’m willing to trade for other baseplates or brick, or even sell (ill never use them) they are brand new, MIP.

I also have a four year degree in Building Science and Sustainable Design: With a Architectural Concentration. and currently work at a engineering company designing HVAC systems.

So if you guys wanna talk or anything, just hit me up!

Thanks.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hey Matthew, welcome to the LUG! It was good to chat with you at Greenberg. Like I mentioned, we do have one other member in the Johnstown area – @crowkillers. Hopefully you’ll be able to make it out to some upcoming events and meetings, despite the distance – the Santa Trolley event at the PA Trolley Museum is an absolute blast, and our fourth quarter business meeting is set for Saturday Dec 20 (it’s not *all* business… we do talk about the Important Issues but we make sure to have some fun – and food – too!)

If you can make it out for some of that, we’d love to have you – you’re welcome to contribute to the display for the trolley museum as well, if you’re so inclined.

mike velto
    Participant

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

my

My name is Mike, I am an art teacher at Western Beaver High School
    We r located out by the Shippingport nuclear plant ( i live near the pitt airport)
    i got into legos about a year ago and it has become an obsession
    my students love them and i will be starting a lego club after school
    saw u guys at the monroeville show ( i also have a large HO train display)
    would love to join the group and help out at the trolley show will be gone thanksgiving weekend but will sign up
    when i get back
    looking forward to the dec 20th meeting and getting to know everyone

thanks
    mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar