Merry Christmas!

Home Forums MOCs Merry Christmas!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Wanted to wish everyone in the LUG a very Merry Christmas with this favorite video greeting of mine. Hope you all get tons of Lego under the tree this year and family with you, near and dear.

Michael

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! I can’t wait to build my new sets! 💕

Dan
    Participant

Merry (belated) Christmas! That’s a nice video greeting!

Tim

That is a very nice Hogwarts Express. I wonder how it is powered (the track does not appear to be 9v).

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Thank you. It’s standard 9v track. I don’t have that new stuff by FX so I did a curve,straight,curve,straight and so on to get a larger radius around my tree. 🙂

That Hogwarts Express is one of my two twin 9v motor trains, one in the tender car, the other under the lead passenger car.

Of course, I got something a tad larger for Christmas this year… still gotta figure how to make that work on the track. XD

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Somehow, I did not make the connection that the train was yours (I thought you were just sharing a video that someone else had posted). Sorry about that.

A second 9v motor makes sense for larger trains.

Can the “UCS” Hogwarts Express by motorized? I saw a video about it online where the wheelbase is wider than Lego train track. It may take some engineering to redo the wheels and driver rods.

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

No worries, LOL.
    But that’s the million dollar question about this UCS set, indeed. Having built it, I can verify that by removing the 1/2 bush on either side, the wheels can be put back on Lego gauge, with a few other tweaks. Tricky part is adding the articulation for standard R40 curves. I figure the rear axle of the driving wheels can be disconnected from the driver rods and allowed to swing. Front guide wheels will likewise need to swivel.

Kinda excited about the new giant train wheel someday being on Lego Pick-a-Brick and Studio as there’s a certain streamlined Pennsylvania train people have been asking me to design. XD

Tim

Having built it, I can verify that by removing the 1/2 bush on either side, the wheels can be put back on Lego gauge, with a few other tweaks. Tricky part is adding the articulation for standard R40 curves. I figure the rear axle of the driving wheels can be disconnected from the driver rods and allowed to swing. Front guide wheels will likewise need to swivel.

That’s awesome. I look forward to seeing that run IRL.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar