New Member – Ethan

Home Forums Introductions New Member – Ethan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    EthanG944
    Participant

Hello everyone,

My name is Ethan (27M). I grew up in North-East OH, Youngstown area, and I am fairly new to the Pittsburgh area (living in Cranberry Twp currently). I’m a life-long Lego fan recently coming out of a soft dark age (only one or two sets a year), I blame the Bionicle GWP last year for rekindling my passion. I had a few sets as a young child (6478 was my first I believe), but the birth of Bionicle ignited my obsession with Lego. Even today it still accounts for over half of my Lego collection, all of which are neatly bagged and preserved in the hopes of sharing them with a future child. These days I find myself buying mostly the AFOL oriented sets. Last year I went a little crazy around black friday and picked up the Lion Knights Castle, Medieval Blacksmith, Assembly Square, and the Police Station modular.

Outside of Lego I am heavily into Porsches, I own and daily drive a 1983 944 and used to have a 2006 Cayman, but some idiot crashed into me and totaled that :/. I am also heavily into video games, and visiting Amusement Parks (I’ve been to Cedar Point over 50 times). As you can probably tell, I’ve picked some very expensive hobbies, but don’t tell my wallet that.

I am in the beginning stages of my first real MOC, which is an amusement park diorama. No pictures yet, as I am still collecting the sets that will make up the main scenery of the build (already have 10303 together, and recently picked up a used 10257 and 10247. I am planning on trying to make the build as realistic as possible, including full queue lines, backstage areas, and a full station for the loop coaster. The table I have selected for the build is 70″ by 35″, so I should have plenty of room to experiment.

I am a pretty shy and reserved person, but I am trying to better myself in the new year and make some new friends. I am hoping that there are some people in this group around my age, but If not, then no big deal. I am looking forward to meeting some all of you. Are there any meetings coming up which a new person would be welcome to show up?

Tom Frost
    Participant

Hello, Ethan, welcome to the group!

International Lego Day at the Ross park mall would be a great opportunity for you to meet a bunch of members, check out some MOCs and hang out (1/27 and 1/28 Check out the thread for more info) Also we will have out Quarterly Meeting in February or March (Date TBD) this will be held in the south hills this quarter. We try to move them around each quarter.

I built this Porsche 944 for my father in law a few Christmases ago. It was based on a MOC by flickr builder Jonathan Elliot.

Porsche 944

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Tom Frost.
    Krista K

Hi Ethan, welcome to group!

Yes, definitely come to International LEGO Day weekend. We also have a Discord server, which is a great way to start meeting some of the members.

I look forward to meeting you.

Dan
    Participant

Welcome Ethan! Are you a big Rollercoaster Tycoon fan given the amusement park & video game interests?

Tim

Welcome, Ethan. There are several of us here in the Cranberry area (two named Tim, interestingly enough). Always nice to get another “far north” Member into the group.

EthanG944
    Participant

@Tom I like that rendition, is it 6 wide or 8? Would look great alongside the Porsche Speed Champions. There’s a great larger scale 944 on rebrickable I have been eyeing for a while

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by EthanG944.
    EthanG944
    Participant

@Dan

Very much so! They are some of my favorites. I’ve tried to make some mock ups of my future diorama in open rct, but I can seem to get the scale right

Tom Frost
    Participant

@ethang944 It is 6 wide. I might have instructions for it somewhere. I reverse engineered it from the original builder’s pictures. When I posted mine (giving him credit of course) he was impressed that I was able to figure out so much of the original. He sent me the instructions so I could see how close I came to his techniques.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Tom Frost.
    Dan
    Participant

Cool! I’m also a big RTC fan. Basically I like anything where you can build!

Josh
    Keymaster

Good to see you at the meeting yesterday, Ethan! Let me know if you have any questions and hope to see you around more!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar