Nov / Dec LEGO Store Display 2023

Home Forums LUG discussions Nov / Dec LEGO Store Display 2023

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I got clearance from Paula to make a PPG skating rink with tree for the store display case, (which is currently back by the PaB wall,) for the winter season. I want to make 2D buildings for the perimeter.

I know the height is 10 inches, does anyone have a working knowledge of the other dimensions?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

If you asked me 2 weeks ago when I was working on the spider I knew the exact dimensions. Think width-wise it’s around 23ish. I do know that my 48×48 plate with a 16×48 beside it fits nicely with room to spare, could get another 16×48 plate in there on either side but not a full 48×48 plate. So depth is 48 studs, has maybe 2 inches further back from there, width is 64 studs but could fit another 16 and a bit more after. My height is just under 9 inches and fit nicely inside. Check my YouTube channel and you will see a short of it from this morning.

Dan
    Participant

The Common Display Dimensions post claims the LEGO store display case is 22″ wide x 16″ deep x 22″ high.

Tom Frost
    Participant

@argonvesher this didn’t make sense to me. I watched your video and I think I figured out why. I believe the spider is on a 10″ 32 stud baseplate, not a 15″ 48 stud baseplate. In my experience, that case is 48 studs deep by 64 studs wide. This is the maximum dimensions. However the opening is slightly smaller, so you need to be able to partially dissassemble the build and reassemble inside the case like a ship in a bottle if you are going to use the full width.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Here is the Kangaroo in the case. As you can see, it just fits. This is a 48×48 with an 8×48 added to each side. Removing one 8×48 allows it to fit into the case. The tall part of the ride needed to be removed as well, then replaced once inside.

Attachments:
    Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Yep you are right, mine is only on a 32×32 plate, sorry! and the extra side piece is 16×32.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The LEGO store 2023 winter display credits:

Anne Schubert – setup 0.5 cup
    Greg Schubert – setup, display, tear down 2.0 cups

Attachments:
    Bob Grier
    Participant

If you hadn’t noticed, the LEGO Store display was updated during International LEGO Day weekend to commemorate 2024 as the Year of the Dragon! @tfdesigns did the dragon, and @greg did the backdrop.

Pics have been uploaded to the Gallery. To view them, click on the “Gallery” tab at the top right corner of any page, and then open the album “2024-02 LEGO Store Display”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar