Papimax Lego Storage

Home Forums LUG discussions Papimax Lego Storage

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Will McDine
    Participant

Not sure who all has seen this or not. It claims to be the Ultimate Lego storage method, Designed by AFOLs, for AFOLs. For the longest time these have only been available in the UK, now they are going to start selling in the US. I have been thinking about buying them but I am not sure yet. Based on the videos I have seen (links below) they seem like they would come in handy for larger collections. It does come at a somewhat heavy price tag of $100 USD for a set of 8 drawers, but it can be anywhere between 8 and 120 total compartments. What do you yinz think? Is it worth it? Worth noting that the Beyond the Brick and Brick tsar videos have a 25% off promo code good until the 28th of October, making them now $75 USD.

Beyond the Brick:

Brick Tsar:

PapiMax Website:
    https://papimax.com/

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Will McDine.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

When I tried to order these the other day, the codes didn’t work and the shipping nearly doubled the cost. I decided to wait until they sell through another reseller with cheaper shipping. Otherwise I think they could be a good solution. I was going to give it a try.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have so many different types of containers, including variations like this. Having stackable, shallow clear trays is excellent but, in my experience, using the dividers is not a benefit. It can be hard to get your fingers into narrow compartments to pick out little pieces but at least with this product you can decide the sizes of the compartments.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I have not watched the video yet, but I did go to the website and take a look. I know a lot of drawer systems can start to sag under the weight if you overload them regardless of what’s in them. (I have the same problem with the Sterilite containers, I’ve crushed many a lid by stacking too much on top of them.) So I was initially interested, but the price killed it for me.

I also agree with Greg that dividers sound great in theory but aren’t that useful in practice. 15 years ago somebody told me that the containers they sell at sports stores for the fishermen to keep their lures n whatnot in are useful for Lego storage, and I bought a bunch of them, but I never really got much use out of them and donated them to the LUG in 2015.

rob from the UK
    Participant

There are 2 websites!
    the discount codes do not work on the UK website. but they do work on this website https://papimax.com/

I’ve got some. They are awesome!

Will McDine
    Participant

The code does work in the US site. Shipping is a killer. $45.68 USD. Still have not officially ordered yet.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Yes. That is why I didn’t order from the UK…besides code did not work there. $150 for two sets and $91 in shipping. $241. That is like a Porsche 911 42056 on sale! I have that set already, but just sayin! If you maximized the total slots at 15/drawer you could get the same drawer count for $126 with these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LDH3JC/ref=sxts_kp_tr_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=8778bc68-27e7-403f-8460-de48b6e788fb&pd_rd_wg=vwP0R&pf_rd_r=WWMQF5XE9934HE1WFVH3&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B000LDH3JC&pd_rd_w=uOK9Q&pf_rd_i=multi+drawer+storage+organizer&pd_rd_r=7649e321-6fe0-4ccd-8621-7f8937e0b91a&ie=UTF8&qid=1540239525&sr=2

but not in the same footprint I am guessing. Space saving but expensive or space using and cheaper….tough call.

rob from the UK
    Participant

Hey peeps

Thanks for starting this thread! We are new in America and need all the exposure we can get.
    @Will McDine, that’s our most expensive shipping zone and is the cheapest rate we can get. If you are able to find a cheaper way of shipping please do let us know by dropping me an email at rob.c@papimax.com the zip code it will ship from is California 91748

Rich Millich
    Participant

There is no such thing as a 2×5 brick. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar