Penn Hills Library Winter Display 2023

Home Forums LUG discussions Penn Hills Library Winter Display 2023

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Marcella Spear
    Participant

Hello – in talking with the library today about the current display (which we will take out at the end of October), they asked if we would like to do a winter display. Winter village anyone?

I am thinking to make things easy, anyone that wants to display can bring their build to the Q4 meeting on December 9th. We can do the install that day.

I have a Winter Cookie Shop MOC that I am working on that I am happy to bring.

I am excited they want to have us back and so soon. Maybe it will just be a rotating display?

Also – they can’t find the key to the additional case in the children’s library, so we don’t have access to that one.

The librarian has said many people have been over to look at our current display.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have some winter related MOCs. What are the dimensions of the available space?

Tim Brown
    Participant

“some” 🙂

I’m sure I’ll have something to contribute as well.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

It is 1 and ½ feet deep, 4 feet 10 inches high display area, with 4 glass shelves and 3 feet 5 inches across.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

I have some winter related MOCs.

Understatement of the year!

I like this idea & especially like the install during Q4 – two birds/one stone. I’ll see if I can get Jenny inspired.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I can volunteer some pine trees. They’re a good way to fill space if you end up with leftover space that’s too small to put another MOC in, but too big to leave blank. The ‘ground’ will be irregular areas made out of white wedge plates, so I can tailor them to the space needed. If they’re on the large size, I have some minifigs in winter outfits that I can stand with them.

The disadvantage is that pine trees travel poorly, so I’ll need to assemble them on site, although I’ve gotten pretty good at it, and the tree parts are extremely well-organized. (Plus, I’ll have plenty of time to assemble them while Josh is blabbing on and on about something “important”.)

I’ll be glad to bring them and include them, but they’re hardly essential, so if you do end up with more MOCs than you can fit in the case, they should be the first thing to cut.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

that sounds great @bengood921 – thanks. Will be a great display.

Kerri Acierno
    Participant

I will send something winter as well.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Bumping this thread. Are we still planning on doing this at Q4, @watchwmarcella ?

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Hi everyone – yes. The librarian just confirmed we can install the winter display on the 9th.

Look forward to seeing everyone!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am planning to bring two gingerbread houses and a snowman sculpture.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

We can install prior to the meeting. Starting install at 11 and then straight to set-up meeting for 12.

Meeting will be in A/B room and the case is on the ground floor that we are installing in.

Bob Grier
    Participant

I’m bringing a couple of small winter/holiday themed “fill-in” items if we need them.

Tim

I will have a very small winter/holiday vignette as well, but I need it for the meeting first.

Dan
    Participant

I’m planning to arrive close to noon – hopefully can still get my vignette in or install after the meeting?

Bob Grier
    Participant

For those of you who weren’t able to make it downstairs yesterday after the meeting, pics of the finished display are now up in the Gallery. To view them, click on the “Gallery” tab at the top right corner of any page, and open the “2023-12 Penn Hills Library” folder.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Talked to Tisa and she said we can leave the display up until the end of January. I’ve proposed Jan 29th at 5:30pm – will let you know when confirmed.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

We are confirmed for January 29th at 5:30pm for tear down of our Winter Display.

Tim Brown
    Participant

I am unavailable at that time. Would someone mind picking my build up?

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Tisa confirmed that you can start picking up after 12pm for those that wanted to go earlier. Just let the librarians know you are with the LUG and ask for either the Key or Tisa.

I am planning on being there between 5:15-5:30 after work.

Thank you all for a great display and looking forward to the next one!

Dan
    Participant

Had some difficulties arise at work. If anyone is able to pick up my build (the mailbox destroyed by plow, pic attached) I’d appreciate it. If not I will try to arrive at 5:30pm.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

I just got to the library. Everything is gone.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Hi Dan – sorry didn’t see this message. We must have just missed you. Krista grabbed it.

Thank you to everyone for a successful display.

Looking forward to the summer reading display. See you all in that thread.

Dan
    Participant

Thanks for getting it and thanks for organizing! The winter theme was a lot of fun!

Marcella Spear
    Participant

It was a lot of fun.

For Cup Credits – Correct me if I’m wrong:

Install
    Greg S.
    Bob
    Kerri A.
    Dan
    Marcella
    Krista

Display
    Greg S.
    Bob
    Kerri A.
    Dan
    Marcella
    Krista
    Tom F.

Tear-Down
    Greg S.
    Bob
    Kerri A.
    Dan
    Marcella
    Krista

Did I miss anyone? Apologies if I did.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar