Pick a Brick wall

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Pick a Brick wall

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I was at the Pick a Brick wall in Danbury today. Not a lot to report, but I wanted to make a list of what I saw before I forgot:

* = don’t remember seeing these at PaB before

MISC:
    * black 1×2 modified plate with handle on side (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2540)
    black 1×4 modified plate with wheels holder (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2926)
    clear cheese slopes
    clear windshields
    red seats
    clear 1x4x3 glass (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=60603)
    * light bluish grey 3×6 wedge plate (right only)
    * 1×4 black antenna (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3957)
    white 1×2 modified with grille

TILES:
    2×2 red
    1×2 bright green
    1×2 purple

PLATES:
    2×10 tan
    2×4 red
    1×1 round trans red, trans light blue, trans blue
    * 1×1 square clear
    1×2 clear

PLANTS:
    bamboo leaves
    stems
    flower sprue: red, white

BRICKS:
    1×4 pink, green
    1×2 white
    2×6 light bluish gray

This list is not complete.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

the Pick a Brick wall in Danbury

additions to the list:
    1×2 medium blue bricks
    1×1 light bluish gray modified brick with vertical handle

I did not think of this until after I left, but next time I’ll get at least one of each part to document what is available. P.S. large cups are $15.99 … and I picked up a Anakin keychain for ninety-nine cents, which was not marked on sale, I just asked the clerk what was on sale and he knew. 🙂

David H Donley
    Participant

I am heading to Columbus July 17th, so I will take note of the PAB wall. Also, if anyone needs anything let me know.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am heading to Columbus July 17th, so I will take note of the PAB wall

… another thought is to get one of each of the unique parts available on the wall and take a photo of them all right there in the store.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Danbury…. Connecticut?

Kinda far from most of us, no?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Kinda far from most of us, no?

True, but my understanding is that the stores all get to choose from the same menu of parts, so if its at one store, it could be at another … and sometimes you don’t see a use for certain parts until you realize that you can get a whole bunch of them cheaply, so it helps to have an idea of what might be there before you go to a store.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Fair enough. I’ve definitely seen the same parts at different stores when I come across them in my travels… haven’t bothered to let yinz know what I find, but maybe I should in the future.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I might be able to stop at the store in Troy MI this weekend. The outdated BrickBuildr page is here: http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/side/off/61/ and I’ve included an image below.

Is anyone looking for a large supply of any of the parts shown? One interesting part that I noticed was “brick, modified 1×2 log” http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30136 in dark bluish gray.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ChristianK
    Participant

Wow. The landscaper in me wants BUCKETS of those 6 x 5 plant leaves.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

wants BUCKETS of those 6 x 5 plant leaves

I don’t know how well the big leaves would fit in a PaB cup, but I could do an experiment and let you know. In this instance, you might be better off buying a case, which is a hundred bucks, and I have no idea how many leaves would be in it.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The landscaper in me wants BUCKETS of those 6 x 5 plant leaves.

I crammed one hundred of the 6×5 leaves into a PaB cup. That makes them about 17 cents each, including tax. Also, there were lots of little spaces in the cup which could be filled by 1×1 plates. This does not take into consideration discounts for bringing your own cup or VIP points. However this purchase would be contingent upon a LEGO store having the 6×5 leaves in stock.

Conversely, right now, if you wanted a quantity of 100 of these leaves, you would pay about 34 cents each, including shipping on bricklink. Incidentally, this part is not currently available on the S@H website.

ChristianK
    Participant

Wow, Greg. Thanks for checking that out. I’d definitely take 100 of them for 17 cents apiece, if they’re actually still there. I’d be more than happy to fill the void with 1×1 and 1×2 translucent plates, pending availability. It all hinges on that, right?

As an aside, I’m headed to King of Prussia early in August. Looks like this one updated just a couple weeks ago on BrickBuildr. If anyone needs anything, let me know.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The report from Detroit PaB wall: the parts in stock did not match the outdated brickbuildr inventory. First of all, there were NO log bricks, NO reddish brown parts, and NO 6×5 leaves (sorry Christian.) Apparently the FRIENDS line has influenced the parts palette.

BRICKS
    1×1 orange, dark bluish gray, medium blue
    1×2 medium blue
    1×4 tan
    2×6 light bluish gray
    2×2 tan
    (I generally ignored primary colors and 2x bricks)

TILES
    2×2 yellow, red
    1×2 purple
    1×1 trans red
    1×2 dark bluish gray with bar up
    2×2 white modified with single stud

PLATES
    1×1 round trans red, trans dark blue
    1×4 red
    1×2 pink
    1×1 round pink
    2×2 bright green
    2×4 lavendar
    2×6 pink

PLANTS
    small palm
    bamboo
    triple flower stem
    red & white flower sprue

OTHER
    1x2x2 clear panel
    3×4 white window pane with shutter tabs
    3×4 glass pane
    1×2 white panel
    clear cheese
    1×2 yellow offset / jumper plate
    tire, wheel, axle plate, windshield, steering wheel
    gray controller
    1×3 black slope

Josh
    Keymaster

I have been missing this thread. Thanks for doing the legwork! Now I’ll get updates…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m headed to King of Prussia early in August.

I find its good to get advanced information for these LEGO store forays. When I am standing in front of a PaB wall I am frantically trying to think about which parts to buy knowing that my wife is gracious enough to accommodate the stop but is eager to get back on the road. Its good to go in with a game plan … also to pick up one of everything so you can make a list of what was there.

Incidentally, my wife saw the pile of light trans blue gems and said I would want to get a bunch of these. At the time I was thinking that was one of the last things I would get but I got two to humor her. (Later I thought about how they might be useful for water around a ship.) I made her a jewel box, which aside from a clock tower for my niece, was probably one of the most disgustingly girly things I’ve ever built. She liked it. 🙂

Attachments:
    Tim

Greg, I love the jewelry box. Very cute.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

probably one of the most disgustingly girly things I’ve ever built

Greg, you slay me. That’s a nice build.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m planning to visit the store in Victor, NY (near Rochester) in about a week. The brickbuildr page was updated about a week ago and it seems to have many of the same parts that I saw in Troy Michigan. Any requests?

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I could go for a couple cups of Row 4, Column 1…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I could go for a couple cups of Row 4, Column 1…

Yes, we definitely need more doors. (joke) But did anyone notice the PaB store has the frames? Is that something we’d want? We could build a substantial wall using our cases of doors if we had frames to hold them up. Unfortunately I don’t think PaB is the most cost effective way to get door frames.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Unfortunately I don’t think PaB is the most cost effective way to get door frames.

I mean, if they were part of LUG Bulk, that’d be more effective, but I dunno what else… mass BrickLink order from the guy who has a billion for $0.03? (I made that up, he doesn’t exist… well, I didn’t check…)

Josh
    Keymaster

Though the completionist in all of us will want to buy frames for ALL THE THINGS, this will NEVER be a good investment. We have a handful of frames, and realistically, we’ll only ever need a handful of doors with frames.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

We could build a substantial wall using our cases of doors if we had frames to hold them up.

If the LUG ever needed a big white LEGO made backdrop, doors would frames would be a fast and easy way to do it. For the record, do the doors fit frames that are 5 bricks tall or 6 bricks tall? I would wager that they are 6 bricks tall and that 1x4x6 white frames would cost at least 0.20 each. I would estimate that buying six 1×4 bricks, to cover the same surface area, would be three times as much.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m headed to King of Prussia early in August.

Anyone going to a PaB wall: I could use an entire large PaB cup of 1×4 brown bricks. If you can sprinkle 1×1 square clear plates in the empty spaces that would be awesome! If not, 1×2 clear plates, 1×1 trans round dark blue, light blue plates in that order would also be good. Also I need 64 brown seats if you can find them. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

the store in Victor, NY (near Rochester

Update: the brickbuildr image was rather accurate. It does not show 1×4 light bluish gray bricks in one of the bins that is too high to reach. The 2×4 plates that look like medium blue (next to the white flowers) are more of an aquamarine color.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar