Pickle Car

Home Forums MOCs Pickle Car

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Don’t know if I’ll get this built in time for CSC Locomotion Weekend, but here’s a Pittsburgh classic cargo car. (I definitely don’t have a shortage of trains for that…) If we ever get a show at the Heinz History Center, they would get a kick out of it.

Also if anyone knows of some more Pittsburgh specific train oddities, send me a chat about it. On my Phoenix Train Works page I try to model the hazardous and unusual and if it’s part of local Steel City history, even better. So far, I have torpedo, slag, and schnabel cars influenced by local examples.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

This looks fantastic!

Tim

I was expecting a green train car in the shape of a pickle. Your model is even better (although a “Pickle Car” a la the Wiener Mobile would be pretty nice also). 😀

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

@timf, I would love to see an Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile modeled in Lego. That would be hilarious in the city street layout. XD

Tim

@playingwithechoes it looks like Bruce Lowell already did it (using the same concept as the “Lowell Sphere”). I think this would be pretty easy to replicate for our Town displays.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar