Q1 2024 Build Challenge – STAR WARS

Home Forums MOCs Build challenges! Q1 2024 Build Challenge – STAR WARS

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Marcella Spear
    Participant

In 2024, LEGO Star Wars will celebrate its 25th Anniversary. What a better way to kick off the new year; than in a galaxy far, far away.

We can discuss rules / regulations in this thread.

I can’t wait to see what this group comes up with!

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Josh.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Josh.
    Mitch
    Participant

I think I will likely judge this one, otherwise my entry would probably be a castle that’s a years worth of work hahaha!

As for rules I can’t really think of any. All Star Wars is fair game!

Tim Brown
    Participant

Alright lets see all those wonderful Caravan of Courage builds 😆

Logan C
    Participant

I’m super excited for this one! Still not sure what I’ll actually build though…

Tim Brown
    Participant

You do transformers….Spaceball 1 to Mega Maid…go 🙂

Logan C
    Participant

Tim Brown
    Participant
    You do transformers….Spaceball 1 to Mega Maid…go

HA that would actually be a hilarious build! IDK if I’d feel right calling that Star Wars though.

I’ll probably go for some kind of small-ish diorama. Hopefully I can at least find a way to feature some droids to stay a little more on-brand for me 🙂

Tim Brown
    Participant

It’s Star Wars Adjacent. I think it should count…at least the more Star Wars-y parts should.

Dan
    Participant

Maybe there will be a joint Hoth entry?

Dan (Beast)
    Participant

How do you enter, do you just post pics in this thread?

Dan H

Dan
    Participant

Builds can be brought to the in-person meeting, shared live on Discord during the meeting, or pictures shared on this thread.

Dan (Beast)
    Participant

Thanks, I have a few ideas.

Logan C
    Participant

Ok so I’m posting my build here since I can’t make it to the meeting. Whipped this together in the past 2 days because I forgot about this challenge (definitely didn’t stay up all night)! So yeah, this isn’t my typical kind of build, so it was fun to challenge myself with something a little out of my comfort-zone!

This is the imperial occupation of Ferrix from the last episode of Andor. More specifically, it’s the tower at the center of Andor’s hometown where the bell-like anvil is rung every morning. The placement of the minifigures reflects the moments leading up to the riot, with the anvil being rung to commence Maarva’s funeral. On the far left is Cassian Andor himself, laying low and scouting out the situation, an Imperial Officer and Death Trooper in his line of sight. Behind the Death Trooper is one of the troopers carrying riot shields, who show up in-mass later on to deal with the mob of Ferrix citizens. At the entrance of the building, Luthen Rael and Vel Sartha are discussing their plan to kill Andor. In front of them is my custom design for B2EMO, Andor’s droid. On the right side, Nurchi is watching a patrol of stormtroopers from behind a pillar and an imperial agent is on the roof scanning the area for Andor.

Below are pictures including a screenshot of the building for reference (if I’m able to post them correctly).

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Logan C.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

Really cool @loganc! This looks like it could fit a city alongside the modulars!

Bob Grier
    Participant

For those who weren’t able to attend the meeting, here are some pics of the submissions for the Q1 Build Challenge. Winner was @smallfrost for his Trade Federation Command Ship, second went to @watchwmarcella for her Ewok diorama, and third went to @randomdan for his Star Wars parody build and video. Dan said he would post the video once he clears up a few trademark issues.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar