Q1 build challenge 2022

Home Forums LUG discussions Q1 build challenge 2022

• This topic has 16 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Dan.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Considering that the Q4 meeting has not yet happened, it might be early to start talking about the next build challenge after that, but I would to throw this out as an idea so people have more time to think about it.

The challenge is to make a Kleenex box holder. I found that a standard sized tissue box holder fits inside a square made from a 16×16 baseplate. Recently I have built two examples in the attached photos.

The rules would be that you are limited to regular LEGO parts and one tissue box, of any size, containing tissue. The tissues and box can be, but do not necessarily have to be, an interesting component of the build.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Krista K

Those are awesome! I love this idea.

Tim

Perfect for winter (and flu/cold season). I vote to have this as the Q1 build challenge.

Renée
    Participant

A build that doubles as home décor- excellent! I second, or vote, or whatever is the official LUG procedure…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

It was in the January newsletter, so it must be official. I will be happy to judge the entries.

Below is the first one I made in 2003; its okay, but I am looking forward to our creative LUG members incorporating the box / tissues as part of the build.

Attachments:
    Marcella Spear
    Participant

Hi – I’m new to the Steel City Lug. Kleenex boxes are some of my favorite to build. Here are a few I’ve done! I’d love to know all of your thoughts.

Attachments:
    Tim

Love the multi-colored one. The other pic(s) did not load.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Thanks so much. I think the image was too big. It was my Tardis.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I just remembered that I made this one with my son many years ago back when he was into Minecraft.

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

I like the Tardis and Greg’s examples!

Adam W
    Participant

I was trying to integrate the tissue itself as part of the build. The idea came up to make it into smoke coming out of the top of a volcano.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I was trying to integrate the tissue itself as part of the build. The idea came up to make it into smoke coming out of the top of a volcano.

That’s exactly what I was looking for!

Nancy Flury Carlson
    Participant

I hope this is the right place to put this. I just finished it. I went a little old school. This is more or less the extent of what kids like me could build when we were little, back in the mid-20th century. I doubt we had fancy roof tiles, I can’t remember.

Attachments:
    Nancy Flury Carlson
    Participant

This is a different view of my build

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

back in the mid-20th century

I decree that from henceforth, this style shall be known as Vintage LEGO. 🙂

Attachments:
    Tom Frost
    Participant

Here are the build challenge entries from the meeting (Sorry it took me so long to post.) Please let me know if I incorrectly attributed any builds.

Tissue Box Build Challenge

Dan
    Participant

Wow the entries look fantastic!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar