Q3 Build Challenge

Home Forums LUG discussions Q3 Build Challenge

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Adam W
    Participant

Hi All,
    While I’m unable to attend today’s meeting, I wanted to share a MOC I made that was a re-imagining of a set from 2012.

The Lego 10224 Town Hall was released in 2012. When seeing pictures of it, I always thought that it was Lego’s attempt at making a church for the modular building series without actually making a church. Therefore for my own Lego city, I decided to build my own version instead of buying the official set.

My MOC includes the newly wedded couple and clock tower from the official model. However, the interior is entirely different.

Official Lego Town Hall Link
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/town-hall-10224

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Are there any photos of the results? The only idea I had for this build challenge was to make a large scale version of the orange brick separator … and I saw online that it had already been done many years ago.

Dan
    Participant

@awarb I really like that church! The front window topped w/ the double arched windows mimic real designs perfectly. The organ pipes also have a great layout framing the cross. If you’d like to do full stained glass windows here is one way to do it. The downside is it would be hard to hold the cheese slops in place.

@greg
    Krista took pictures, they just haven’t been uploaded yet.

Adam W
    Participant

Thanks Dan! That stained glass window does look really cool. Thank you for sharing.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Hi all – here are some photos of the Q3 build challenge. @rcgrier3406 here is the link to the full gallery. I couldn’t upload all the pics here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nVmXbrLH-gmuyW83KiNB8pZB2V7dpfFP?usp=sharing

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Thanks for the photos, Marcella – it seems like Big Ben was converted to Big Brother!

Can someone explain the huge mansion / caste-looking building? Thanks!

Tim Brown
    Participant

The big building was @timf ‘s creation. It was not part of the challenge. I’ll let him chime in to explain further.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@timf ‘s creation

It looks awesome! It must be from some really popular show which I have never seen. 😀

Tim

This is the Fayette County Courthouse. I originally tried to get it done for the Fayette County Fair but only started it three days prior and did not get done. So then I tried to complete it for Q3 but basically ran out of Light Grey bricks. So now I am working to complete it for Brickfair PA (September) and Brickfest Pittsburgh (October).

Attachments:
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar