September – Fall

Home Forums MOCs Build challenges! September – Fall

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

At our Q3 meeting, we decided we’d try out a monthly build theme to help stimulate creativity amongst the members. There will be a TBD prize, perhaps randomly by participation, for contributions. post to flickr and/or your instagram and a note here too. For september, the theme is FALL.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I am so going to make a pumpkin spice latte.

Will McDine
    Participant

Maybe if IKEA will get their act together, and I can get my LEGO room in order before hand I will participate

Krista K

Is anyone building for this month? I’m just trying to get a feel for social media posts. Thanks! ?

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I’m going to try and get something put together.

Krista K

@skippermike I hoping too as well. Just hoping my parts arrive in time. 🙂

Bob Grier
    Participant

@knb112, I have a Grist Mill/Waterfall/Covered Bridge/Farmhouse scene (kind of modeled after McConnell’s Mills) that I built as a “stay at home” project this summer. The waterfall and water wheel for the mill are both motorized. I’m planning to add some “fall colors” to the trees once LUGBULK gets sorted and distributed, so if you’re looking for stuff to post this could fit the “FALL” theme once I do that. I could “drape” the back so you don’t see all the junk on the shelves, and take both stills and a video with the stuff moving if you’re interested.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

That looks great @rcgrier3406! Especially the covered bridge and supports!

Krista K

@rcgrier3406 That looks awesome! I’ll definitely share on social media. I can share as is, but if you’d prefer to do a video that’d be great too.

This is our first time trying the monthly build idea out, but I think the goal was to post everything by the end of the month related to the monthly build. Personally, I’m not sure sure that I’m going to make it myself as my parts are in transit somewhere, even though they should have arrived by now.

I’m truly happy to post anything that you build though. ?

Bob Grier
    Participant

Thanks @tfdesigns and @knb112! Krista, let’s wait until later in the month for pics to post to see how the timing for LUGBULK sort goes. It will definitely look more “Fall” with the colored leaves, and I’d prefer to drape the back anyway. I have the trees built already, so switching the leaves out will be pretty quick.

Krista K

@rcgrier3406 Sounds like a plan! 🙂

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Hey @knb112 how do you want to do this? Should I send you a pic, post it on my own Insta, or go straight to group instagram with it?

Krista K

@skippermike you can post it here. If you post on your Instagram and tag steelcitylug, I can can repost it. If your account is private, I’ll just do a screen grab. ?

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Posted it today September 31.

Krista K

Thanks so much @skippermike. I finally located my parts, they’re coming tomorrow. Good thing I have a lot of black and really dark grey for October’s. ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar