Site Development – Input and Progress

Home Forums Site Admin Site Development – Input and Progress

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Tim Brown
    Participant

It’s molasses but I’m slowly getting up to speed on WordPress. Basic SEO was fixed by Josh so now we show up on Google searches.

Things I have in mind going forward.

1. Public Facing Section of the site. i.e. what is seen when not logged in. Something for our fans so to speak that pulls from our various social media. This will hide the nitty gritty details of the forum from public view and conversely free up screen real-estate on the user view.

2. Reorganize the user view so that it’s much easier to find things. More like a dashboard of forum activity than what we currently have now. Ideally, we’d have an events section/widget ect. where events are always easy to locate in order of when they occur next. Things like that.

3. Functional build out and integration. Features like a shift scheduler so we can stop using external resources for that. Can further integrate that with the cups database so that when an event is complete admin can verify credits and just hit approve to update everything.

Those are just broad strokes. None of it is set in stone. None of it will happen any time soon. Next steps for me are to play around with WordPress on a personal site. Taking book knowledge and converting it to real knowledge. That will ideally be followed by some storyboarding and proof of concept examples. No promises, but hopefully good changes are on the horizon.

Mitch
    Participant

I have a new feature request that has been seconded and thirded.

The option to have basic polls in our threads. It’s something I use on discord weekly and find it so much faster with higher response rates. Would also cut down on threads full of people just saying what dates or time work best for them

Mike K
    Participant

Have there been any updates that removed the Topic Freshness functionality from the forum? I was able to reliably find all new posts in a fairly easy manner with this but now am getting an Oops! That page can’t be found. error message when attempting to access the bookmarked link and no longer see this as an option at the very bottom of any forum page in the Forum Tools section.

🙁

Here’s the link that no longer functions for me – https://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/view/topics-freshness/

Josh
    Keymaster

thanks for that link and letting me know! There were a few things that broke with first a wordpress update and then a subsequent bppress (the forum) update. I worked with the developer to expose a few bugs already, like the forum tag buttons on text box, but I haven’t seen the freshness functionality reported yet. Thanks for bringing it up…I’ll see what we can find out!

Mike K
    Participant

Thanks for digging into this, @joshhall – looks like this functionality has been restored, much appreciated!

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar