Space Build my Place March 2nd

Home Forums LUG discussions Space Build my Place March 2nd

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Whiteside
    Participant

Its been a while…but I would like to have a space build at my place. Reply if you are interested.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

YES YES YES!

It’s been more than four years since the last one.

The photo I took at the last one is still the second-most-viewed pic in my Flickr photostream. I definitely need to do another one:

Build Day at Walter's

Tom Frost
    Participant

Ah, the M-Tron Perfume factory!

Dan
    Participant

I’m down!

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

I love space! So what all is involved/takes place for a Space Build? You choose a theme and boom, go for it? Collaborative or individual builds?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> I love space! So what all is involved/takes place for a Space Build? You choose a theme and boom, go for it? Collaborative or individual builds?

What’s involved is showing up. The general idea is for it to be a low-key social get-together that doesn’t involve a business meeting or dealing with the public. The first two were in 2019, and did not involve a lot of actual building. At both events Walter had large containers of parts that were vaguely sorted by vague color scheme, and we were free to do what we wanted to with them. The perfume-tron building shown above was built from parts from a single container, presumably the ‘red lbg dbg trans-neon green with some random minifig parts thrown in’ container, because we all have one of those, right? If you follow the link to Flickr, you can read more about what went into building and photographing it.

Attached is my photo from the first event. The vehicle mostly visible on the left was built by Dan, who opted for quality over quantity. The eight builds in a row that dominate the photo were built by me, who opted for quantity (and speed) over quality. The stuff in the back I’m pretty sure existed before the event, and was there so everybody else could see them. That’s pretty much all the building that was done that day, but, to my knowledge, everybody enjoyed the event.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

Definitely want to be there. Maybe Jonah too.

Pamela S
    Participant

I’d be interested! It sounds like a lot of fun. Sort of like a in person build n chill 🙂

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Sort of like a in person build n chill

That’s exactly what it’s like 😀 Also Walter has a lot of fun cool space parts that I don’t have, and I don’t have to worry about disassembling my build or sorting it after I’m done (so nice of him). Also, it’s sort of like being a kid again (I just made it up as I went along using whatever I could find rooting through the bin) and there was no pressure to build anything that’s actually good.

Also, if you follow the link to my Flickr photo, you can see that Walter has fancy photo stuff (those glittery white umbrellas like they use to take your pic on school photo day) and presumably has one of the space backdrops on hand, so we can take more fancy photos if we build anything cool.

Tim Brown
    Participant

Interesting. Not sure I’ll make it, but subbing just in case I can.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Found out I can’t come. It’s Penelope’s big dance recital. So bummed.

Whiteside
    Participant

I’m glad there are some of you that can make it. Like before, I’ll order a few pizzas.

Whiteside
    Participant

Let’s plan on meeting at 1:00 PM. My address is:

5 Terraceview Avenue, Pittsburgh Pa 15243

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Whiteside.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I will be there at 1.

Dan
    Participant

I also plan to arrive at 1pm.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Hope it is a great time. Sad I won’t be there. Take lots of pictures!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m about to head out. I might even >gasp< be early. I gotta make sure I get dibs on the good parts bin, plus I don’t wanna be late for pizza, cause I’m starving.

Whiteside
    Participant

I haven’t ordered the pizza yet. I’m waiting on seeing how many people end up coming. There’s a few snacks out though.

Tim Brown
    Participant

Alas, I have another event I’m attending tonight. Hope everyone has fun.

Tom Frost
    Participant

So what amazing creations came out of this event? #Picsoritdidnthappen

Dan
    Participant

Had a blast! Here’s Walter’s WIP

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

Ben’s build!

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

And my ships!

Attachments:
    Tim Brown
    Participant

Very cool.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar