14th LUG Group PARTS SWAP!

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! 14th LUG Group PARTS SWAP!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Doug
    Participant

…this is also diverging from the thread topic…

I have no idea how to create a split. I would if I could. I would title it “April 13/14 LUG Group Fun”

I can’t see drafting a case of minifigs but if there are any that someone is particularly interested in, I will see what I can find.

Do you mean, Greg, that you are against a draft? Maybe we could do a straight up trade event that includes minifigs from series 9 if people have them (I have a fortune teller and a Caeser-type guy that I don’t really want). We could trade other stuff too, in that case. My only question would be, how do you run a parts trade? Is there any formal structure? How do people value things against one another? Or is it just a free for all?

• This topic was modified 11 years, 1 month ago by Matt Redfield.
    • This topic was modified 11 years ago by Josh.
    • This topic was modified 11 years ago by Josh. Reason: moved to public area
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Josh Hall wrote: …this is also diverging from the thread topic… I have no idea how to create a split. I would if I could. I would title it “April 13/14 LUG Group Fun”

Split.  You’re welcome.  B)

In the gray header above any post, where it says “EDIT|SPLIT|TRASH|SPAM|QUOTE”…. you just click “SPLIT”, and see what happens from there.

I might be interested in a draft / swap… not sure yet, really.

But I’m gonna swing by the Five Below at the Waterworks today and see if they have Series 9 (or any LEGO, really…)

Josh
    Keymaster

<3

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Do you mean, Greg, that you are against a draft?

Even if we had five people interested in a box of 60 minifigs, each person would get 12, but I have the few that I wanted already.

Btw, to me, the knight is most appealing to get in any quantity and if someone wanted a dozen of them, one of the PennLUG guys has them for $4 each in their bricklink store.

You listening castle guys?  PennLUG is coming to the ‘burgh this weekend, and can provide free shipping on a great deal for some awesome looking knights!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

<3

D’awww… less than three right back atcha.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I *may* have just picked up a box of 30 at Five Below this evening… It could be used for a draft, or it could be thrown up on my BrickLink… I haven’t decided for sure.

BTW, what’s the protocol with these? Leave them in their bags? Take them out and confirm what they are before drafting? (…or selling…?)  #customminifignoob

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Whats the “Price of admission” for this draft going to be?

Depends on how many people participate, and how many figs are involved.  30 figs costs $90 (plus tax), so I’d expect if 6 people drafted 60 figs, you’d be looking at $30ish… just as a ballpark.

Tim

Although I can not be there in April, I would love to participate in the draft if it can be put on hold until a later meeting.  My suggestion would be to keep the figs in the bags until the draft and then open them all so people can see what they are drafting.

Rich Millich
    Participant

I’m very interested getting together informally on the 13th / 14th. I do work graveyard on the night of the 13th. It doesn’t matter what’s going on in this little get together. I want to be there. I’d just need a ride.

As for a structure of a parts trade, size for size works fine for me, unless the parts involved aren’t the basic colors (white, black, blue, red, yellow, and the bleys). Then 2 for 1 is fair. Minifigs are much different, and I don’t consider minifigs to be individual “parts” per se.

I have all my parts sorted by color and size into polybags, so it should be easy to look through the little assortments of stuff I have left over from my MOCs.

Not all of us have big parts collections, so trade events like this are really important for those who don’t have multiple shelves’ worth of parts.

Zemata
    Participant

ill be attending steel city con on saturday to be prowling for lego deals like the $80 republic frigate I got last time so Id like to do this sunday.  have we decided what day and where?

I’m very interested getting together informally on the 13th / 14th. I do work graveyard on the night of the 13th. It doesn’t matter what’s going on in this little get together. I want to be there. I’d just need a ride. As for a structure of a parts trade, size for size works fine for me, unless the parts involved aren’t the basic colors (white, black, blue, red, yellow, and the bleys). Then 2 for 1 is fair. Minifigs are much different, and I don’t consider minifigs to be individual “parts” per se. I have all my parts sorted by color and size into polybags, so it should be easy to look through the little assortments of stuff I have left over from my MOCs. Not all of us have big parts collections, so trade events like this are really important for those who don’t have multiple shelves’ worth of parts.

Rich I can probly pick you up if we do this sunday.  Hit me up on facebook with the specifics.

Doug
    Participant

If we do Sunday, we would have to do early afternoon (I have to leave for volleyball by around 3 that day). Josh is also planning on testing some kind of Lego wheel setup on a boyscout track either that day or the day before, so there’s a chance we could combine events. I’m going to go ahead and go out on a limb and see if I can get a room reserved on campus for Sunday April 14 at 11:30.

Doug
    Participant

OK, I’ve requested a room that can accommodate 20. Non-University organizations have to request a space 30 days in advance, so I’m going to go ahead and call this “dissertation research.” This means that I’ll be asking you guys a few questions about my dissertation (40 seconds, max).

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

What’s on the agenda for this informal meeting, then?  I’m getting confused… not a minifig draft, or is it?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

(from the Children’s Festival Thread)

Just FYI, I’ve reserved a space on campus for us on April 13 from 11:30am-3pm. We’re going to have an informal parts trade!

OH, so it’s an informal parts trade!

But wait, this thread says the 14th, and the ICF thread says the 13th… which is it, Doug?

Derby track / wheel test on Saturday, parts trade on Sunday?

Doug
    Participant

If you have minifigs to draft, I say we go for it! I’m going to post a rough inventory of what I’ll be bringing to trade. Safe to say, I’ll be bringing serious amounts of trans yellow-green stuff and all the Aquazone you can eat.

Doug
    Participant

Sorry, my bad; it’s the 14th.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

If you have minifigs to draft, I say we go for it! I’m going to post a rough inventory of what I’ll be bringing to trade. Safe to say, I’ll be bringing serious amounts of trans yellow-green stuff and all the Aquazone you can eat.

I do love eating Aquazone… about the only thing it’s good for!  Trans yellow-green, however, might be useful to me if I ever find time for any Space builds…

I have lost track of who wanted to do a Series 9 Minifig draft, but I think Tim was one who did and he said he’s busy the weekend of the 14th… maybe we shouldn’t do that on that day, then.

Dan
    Participant

Where will we meet on campus? I’ll bring some castle and some spare space parts. Might bring some space sets along as well.

Doug
    Participant

Porter Hall A19D. This used to be my classroom so I have a map I made for some outside speakers that were coming in. See attached, but ignore the part about validated parking tickets. The East Campus Garage is actually free on weekends. But, if you want to park closer, there’s metered parking right be the building itself, on Frew St.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Upload Errors: MaptoNonProfitClass1.pdf: File exceeds allowed file size.

Doug, can you make it smaller?

Doug
    Participant

I went back and edited it an added a smaller attachment. Can you see it now?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yup. Good work!

Dan
    Participant

As this is listed under the buy/sell/trade category:

Does anyone have an extra brown-vested minifig (that seems to only have come in 6277 and 6286/pic: here) that they’d be willing to trade? I bought an Imperial Trading Post (it pains me to say it!) a few months back that was missing this lone minifig.

I’d also be interested in acquiring the entire Skull’s Eye Schooner (6286) and/or Forestmen’s River Fortress (6077) if anyone has one for trade. I’ve still got a lot of Blacktron II/extra Pirate and some space parts/spare parts that are looking for a new home!

Josh
    Keymaster

I don’t have any of those, Dan, sorry.

Also, I’ll bring the bin.  I’m thinking either a 1:5 part trade for anything in the bin or twice the size trade.  By twice the size, i mean, if you want a 1×1 plate, you have to AT LEAST put in a 1×2 plate.  I’m also going to bring some bulky stuff I want to unload for anything.

Josh
    Keymaster

oh, and let me know if there’s anything you specifically want me to bring from my store and I’ll go part swap with you – http://pittsburghbricks.com

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar