Target VIP Points

Home Forums LUG discussions Target VIP Points

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    John S
    Participant

Saw a Reddit post that starting 8/1 through the end of January next year Target will give 1 VIP point per dollar. On top of the target card 5% discount. It’s something extra at least?

https://preview.redd.it/j9yjc5tz4je91.jpg?auto=webp&s=fc3f72a6419f71add503f2252384ea784ebba1be

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    John S
    Participant

Forgot to mention the qr code for more info doesn’t appear to be active yet.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hmm that could be cool, I haven’t been buying sets lately but the 5% discount was always nice (almost offsets tax), so any other little kickback wouldn’t hurt on top of that!

Krista K

I just saw something on the LAN about this. No response yet, but that would be awesome!

Will McDine
    Participant

So my question is will all the cashiers be attentive to this? Is there a special lane we need to use? What is the Logistics of this

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> So my question is will all the cashiers be attentive to this? Is there a special lane we need to use? What is the Logistics of this

Hmm, that’s a good question, I hadn’t thought of this. When you buy something at Target that qualifies for a gift card – they run promotions like that, buy 5 of this item and get a $5 gift card – the register notifies them when they scan it, so they don’t have to have it all memorized. But even if they’re notified about Lego, they need to know your VIP account, and they can’t just scan your card, because Lego isn’t giving out physical cards anymore, this seems like it could turn into a big hassle if they don’t do it right. I can’t read the fine print in John’s photo. My best guess is that part of the deal is that Lego is giving Target the necessary access to their system so that they can look up our VIP accounts by phone number.

Also, 1 VIP point per dollar doesn’t seem like much. I realize it’s more than nothing, and more than we were getting before, but doesn’t Lego give 5 points per dollar? Given my proximity to the Lego store, and given that the Target inventory is dominated by less expensive sets and AFOL Days is still 15% off, and given that Target has put almost nothing on clearance since the beginning of the pandemic, I’m having trouble getting more excited about this. I can’t remember the last time I bought a Lego set at a Target in Pittsburgh.

I did initially misread this. I thought it was VIP points per dollar spent on anything in the store, rather than just per dollar spent on Legos. That would have been awesome. I shop at Target all the time.

Will McDine
    Participant

Also, 1 VIP point per dollar doesn’t seem like much.

I didnt think about that. Under the old VIP standard it was a simple 1:1 Ratio. One dollar got you one point. Now a 100 dollar set gets you 650 points, so its more 1:6.50 which is absolutely stupid and I hate that they changed it.

John S
    Participant

Yeah. I’m not sure how it’s going to work out. Curious to see when the informational link is active what it has to say.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

My gui is that rather than telling them at target you log into the Lego site and enter them with the receipt from Target.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Interesting and better than nothing but just not quite as good as Lego. Wait for an AFOL day and get your 15% off and 6.5 VIP points to every dollar. IMHO

On a side note, Target has been running some sales lately at 20-50% off. So, I guess it will depend on which sale is best.

Joseph G
    Participant

RE: Target sales, this offer today is appealing:

Target has Aug. 1st Pre-Orders at original pricing. Just pre-ordered 76218 Sanctum Santorum for $199. from legodeal

They *may* not work for the VIP points according to LEGO.com (as Mike suspected it is in fact a post-purchase process) “Upload a photo of an individual receipt and claim points for your LEGO® set purchases. Please note that receipts may take up to 2 business days to process and only receipts from Target or Target.com starting August 1st 2022 will be accepted.”

That said, at $50 off, give me two of those Sanctum Sanctorums…

EDIT: Partially dead deal, price for the Sanctum Sanctorum now up to $250.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Joseph G.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Joseph G.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I did not see it at $50 off. I would grabbed 2 myself.

Did anyone else catch this 20% off deal?

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I managed to snag one as well. I have to wait for it ship rather than head to the store tomorrow to pick it up. But the $50 savings are worth it.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

If anyone grabbed an extra and is willing to sell it at $199, I’m up to buy.

Will McDine
    Participant

So for those who did not see, the process for this has been reveled. When you make your purchase you submit a picture of the receipt to the VIP Page and it will give you the points from there. It did not specify if the Lego needed to be on its own receipt or not.

Joseph G
    Participant

There are reports that purchase receipts from July 31 (the day Target started advertising it) are also accepted.

Krista K

Got some additional information from the LAN on this. It’s a test program, limited only to the US.

Also, in the fine print you’re limited to 1000 points a month.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Krista K.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I tried getting VIP points with a Target purchase today. I could not get the picture of the receipt to upload in Chrome, but it worked in Firefox. No idea why, but I’m glad it was an easy work around.

Will McDine
    Participant

I did it with Safari on my Iphone not long ago and had no issues. I will be doing the same thing again tonight, Took advantage of their spend 50, get a 10 dollar gift card. I wonder if they will still allow it or consider it double dipping

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar